Damn Server Resets!

• I was in the middle of voyage to complete last couple time-limited gift stash voyages just now and only had a 30min warning servers would reset!

This was not nearly enough reaction time and I wasn’t able to finish before reset — there should be a 2hr notification and a 90min countdown to give pirates enough reaction time to complete what their currently doing.

Views
  • There was a reminder. Yesterday. Exactly 24 hours (5:11 AM EST 1/14/20) before the servers went offline.

“The Sea of Thieves servers will be offline between 10am and 4pm GMT tomorrow, Jan 15th, so that we can bring the Legends of the Sea update to the waves! Please plan your adventures accordingly.”

• @aaronblueeyes it's update day...should have done it earlier

• I mean in-game notifications. I don’t always have the time to scroll thru social media to learn when servers will shutdown.

• @aaronblueeyes said in Damn Server Resets!:

I mean in-game notifications. I don’t always have the time to scroll thru social media to learn when servers will shutdown.

In the main menu in the "What's new" part there is an alert saying that there is a maintenance.

• They warn you on here. They warn you in the main menu. It's posted when the new update with drop on every social media account days ahead of time. They tweeted about it approx 9 times in the last week or so alone. The dev updates announce the date. Posted here, youtube, and any social media. Any group I'm in concerning SoT has it posted/pinned ahead of time. Set some notifications?

• Twitter, forums, server, main menu, YouTube. They gave you a warning. Month in fact.

Views
1 out of 7