Is this actually a thing?

• Ahoy me pirate friends. I finally start playing this game as a person who like pirate life more than anything. I'm having so much fun rn, in 2 days only I killed the shark and pirate ship and the kraken already and it was too much fun however I got a question. These 3 enemies appeared in a row and then another player ship came out of nowhere. They were so experienced and they chased me and my friend for an hour. Our only chance was to crash an outpost and give the loots to the npcs as fast as possible and actually we managed to do that. But I wonder if the game actually makes it so your ship getting visible to other ships who is in the same spot but in a different layer or something if you have so much loots in your ship?

Thanks in advance.

Views
  • Welcome to the Sea of Thieves! It's a dangerous and exciting world. I am glad you're having fun.

You're going to come across a lot of pirates. Some nicer and some ruthless and mean! It's all in the spirit of the game. Soon, you'll be sinking other players and making a lot of gold from them.

There are only 3 ways someone will know your ship is on the server.

1. They see your ship - You can see ships from a great distance. Always keep an eye out.
    2. You're flying the Reaper's flag. This flag will make your ship show up on the map for everyone to see!alt text
    3. You're carrying a Reaper's chest. These chests show on the map and if you're carrying one in hand or on your ship, players will be able to see the Reaper's chests icon moving, on the map table.
      alt text
  • @dislex-fx That was a really well thought out and designed answer, bravo!

Views
2 out of 3