10 Million Players Special Gift (Free Sail and Emote)

• Ahoy maties!

Just sharing this here, in case you missed it elsewhere...

From this article here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/01/08/sea-of-thieves-passes-10-million-players-since-launch/

Our community will be at the centre of our January update – ‘Legends of the Seas’ – which will be available to all players for free from Wednesday, January 15. Not only will this update celebrate our community and its stories, it will also feature two limited-edition gifts to mark our 10 million player milestone. Log-in to the game between January 15 and 22 and claim a free custom sail and a special new emote.

And here, they are...

alt text

All you'll need to become eligible is to play our upcoming Legends of the Sea update before January 22nd, 4pm GMT, and you'll receive them in February's update! More info here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/10m-players-gifts

Views
  • I don't know if it's just me, but that link is loading a blank page.

• @musicmee Thanks for the info! One thing I wish SoT did a little better was have all their news / promos in one location. Too many times I feel like it's spread out over multiple areas or platforms making it difficult to keep track of.

• Works OK for me @D3ADST1CK

Thanks for the heads-up @Musicmee

• @withmyapologies Apparently it works if I log out, so I guess they only want complete strangers to be able to read this.

• @musicmee said in 10 Million Players Special Gift (Free Sail and Emote):

Log-in to the game between January 15 and 22 and claim a free custom sail and a special new emote.

alt text

• @musicmee Thank you for the heads up! I love free stuff! Lol

• I look forward to receiving a cosmetic that people will forever whine about not having because they failed to perform the simple action of logging in during a week long time period.

• @d3adst1ck said in 10 Million Players Special Gift (Free Sail and Emote):

I look forward to receiving a cosmetic that people will forever whine about not having because they failed to perform the simple action of logging in during a week long time period.

Hopefully they announce it on everywhere for everyone to see. You know, Just In Case someone misses it.

• @d3adst1ck said in 10 Million Players Special Gift (Free Sail and Emote):

I look forward to receiving a cosmetic that people will forever whine about not having because they failed to perform the simple action of logging in during a week long time period.

For those in the Royal/US/etc military, I hope there is no conflict with Iran that would cause deployment, thus prohibiting some to perform such a simple action.

• @dyfrin said in 10 Million Players Special Gift (Free Sail and Emote):

For those in the Royal/US/etc military, I hope there is no conflict with Iran that would cause deployment, thus prohibiting some to perform such a simple action.

Welp, it's time to leave.

alt text

• @dyfrin I'm sure if that happens, they will be thinking about other more important things than a texture in a video game.

• Love it. Thank you!

• Do we know what the sails emote looks like yet?

Edit: nooooo I'm away that week, typical. Ok, sails, emote, whatev, talk to the hook...

Ahoy maties!

Just sharing this here, in case you missed it elsewhere...

From this article here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/01/08/sea-of-thieves-passes-10-million-players-since-launch/

Our community will be at the centre of our January update – ‘Legends of the Seas’ – which will be available to all players for free from Wednesday, January 15. Not only will this update celebrate our community and its stories, it will also feature two limited-edition gifts to mark our 10 million player milestone. Log-in to the game between January 15 and 22 and claim a free custom sail and a special new emote.

wait what ship set is it?

• @closinghare208 Its just a sail matey :)

And a secret for now... but should be worthy of the 10 million players mark.

@closinghare208 Its just a sail matey :)

And a secret for now... but should be worthy of the [10 million] players mark.

It's got a picture of Antonio vomiting on Jon on it, doesn't it?

(fixed your typo)

• @realstyli Cheers matey :D what a mistake to make!

@realstyli Cheers matey :D what a mistake to make!

You were only off by 9 million...... nooo big deal at all. Lol

@closinghare208 Its just a sail matey :)

And a secret for now... but should be worthy of the 10 million players mark.

aye thanks I hope it isn't a reskin

• Can't wait!
    Free stuff is always good!

• Forgive the sarcasm, but it's going to be unique? Not something that is/was/will be available (im looking at you free hide emote that was emailed to people as a Christmas present...) in one of the shops?

I'm playing anyways, but I'd like less whining about it on the forums if possible...

• @pithyrumble Totally new... pinky promise!

And you and me both :P Moderating since the crossplay announcement has me like...

alt text

• @musicmee
    The cross play issue doesn't really bother me. Good luck with that mate...

I'm watching you emotes tho....

• Imagine if you bought all the emotes available in the emporium but every time you logged onto the game the ones you mapped were gone?!

Yep that’s me. Own all the emotes. I have to remap 3 pages of them every single time I start a session.

Hope this is fixed in next update on 1/15. :)

P.S - all my clothes and vanity items are resetting as well. My equipment item however are fixed. Imagine that, fix one thing, break another two. LOL

• Free sails? I'm in.

• @ant-heuser-kush Ahoy there matey!

Welcome back to these waters :D It's nice to see you posting again!

@pithyrumble Totally new... pinky promise!

And you and me both :P Moderating since the crossplay announcement has me like...

alt text

alt text

• @vca-hombre Cheers matey!

Just a reminder to everyone else... Don't forget to log in later this week!

• Quick, everyone! We've got him cornered and pressured! Put his grog money on the line and demand pictures of the sails and emote! Yarr!

Also, #FREEVACA

• Kudos on the information fellow Pirate. I really should try and keep up with things like this else i'll continue to miss out on free booty.

My only gripe is the advertised "10 million players" i feel that statement is a tad disingenuous. Pretty sure the games had over 10 million accounts made sure but to suggest it has 10 million actual players is simply a hard nope when taking a look at the games achievement stats.

• We got a pic of the sails!

EDIT: drawing attention to this... just in case anyone is wondering when they don't get them immediately

Just play the Legends of the Sea update in its first week (before Jan 22nd, 4pm GMT) to become eligible for these gifts and receive them in February's update!

• 📣 Important to note though, the sails and emote will be available for the February content update!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/10m-players-gifts

• @skulliah said in 10 Million Players Special Gift (Free Sail and Emote):

📣 Important to note though, the sails and emote will be available for the February content update!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/10m-players-gifts

I wonder why?

• @mr-dragon-raaar said in 10 Million Players Special Gift (Free Sail and Emote):

@realstyli @Skulliah
    Cheers folks.
    That's a bit unusual.
    I wonder why it not an immediate thing like it usually is?

maybe they're bringing it for to fight flameheart?

Views
1 out of 50