"Graphics Device does not support Shader Model 5"

• Hello!

I just downloaded Sea of Thieves on my Windows 10 Desktop and was very excited to play. I've been playing on Xbox but decided to try PC. I've run into a problem.

"Your Graphics Device Does Not Support Shader Model 5. Please Upgrade Your Graphics Device To Play The Game."

I'm playing with an Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset Graphics Device and can't find any updates. Do I need a newer computer to play?

Thanks in advance!

Views
  • sorry to say buddy, but yes you will need a better one.

• @ph0enixreed check out the min pc specs required, though you can try a little lower.
    Pc specs

• You will not need a new computer, but you will need a new graphics card that can handle the load that Sea of Thieves will place on it. Keep in mind that the minimum specifications for the game will just barely run it at its lowest setting, so you will likely want to upgrade over the minimum. Also you will need to keep in mind that a lot of graphics cards require their own cable from your PC power unit. If your PC does not already have one (its typically a 6 or 8 pin power plug, the main power line leading from your power supply should have a spare) you will need to upgrade your Power Supply too.

Views
1 out of 4