Fishing guide/chart question

• Does anyone have a list of the most common island locations for each variant of specific fish?

Any other fishing info appreciated. Spread your knowledge.

Views
  • sorry for bucther some of the names.
    But most of them tells you where.

Splashtails = everywhere
    Pondies = in ponds, everywhere
    Islehoppers = cant remember, but think it on bigger islands without bait.
    Ancientscales = ancient isle. Need bait
    Plentifins = shores of plenty. Need bait
    Wildsplashes = the wilds. Need bait
    Devilfish = Devils roar. Need bait
    Battlegills = At active fort. Need bait
    Wreckers = At ship wreck. Need bait, an the rarest is the blackcloud, because it can only be caugt if you are in a storm, an you need 50 compared to 10 of the "Rare kind".
    Stormfish = need to be in a storm. Need bait

• Outdated, but useful.

The Great Fishing PSA

• Take every opportunity for Stormfish near a Shipweck for the Blackcloud Wreckers as they are a pain to actively hunt for when you near the end of the commendations.

• @greencamillion1 said in Fishing guide/chart question:

sorry for bucther some of the names.
    But most of them tells you where.

Splashtails = everywhere, no bait needed
    Pondies = inland ponds, everywhere, no bait needed
    Islehoppers = Each large island spawns 1 variety of islehopper, plus the rare one (raven islehopper) ex. Smuggler's bay= amethyst islehopper. Crescent Isle = honey islehopper. Lone Cove = moss islehopper. Sailor's bounty = stone islehopper. No bait needed
    Ancientscales = ancient isle. Need leeches
    Plentifins = shores of plenty. Need earthworms
    Wildsplashes = the wilds. Need earthworms
    Devilfish = Devils roar. Need grubs
    Battlegills = At active fort. Need grubs
    Wreckers = At ship wreck. Need earthworms, an the rarest is the blackcloud, because it can only be caugt if you are in a storm, an you need 50 compared to 10 of the "Rare kind".
    Stormfish = need to be in a storm. Need leeches

I just updated camillion's list instead of retyping what was already there. I added the type of bait needed, and the special instructions for islehoppers.

*EDIT I have a ton more info, I'll reply again to this post with tips trick and strats once I have time

• Well, it's a fishing related question, so I'd ask it here: any hint on how to go fishing without being interrupted a lot when you are in PvE mood and solo-slooping "here and there"? Yeah, I get it, PvP game, "Sea of THIEVES", and plenty other stuff, purely PvP guys who for some reason do not hang into the arena mode would say, but still. So question stands: "how to"? Maybe try leaving a ship completely empty, while being somewhere around trade posts, on one of islands nearby, and with a rowboat parked nearby? I had a chance to row all my way from somewhere around "Fetcher's rest" to Galleon's grave in a stormy weather and with 10 chests inside the boat (taking a crying chest when solo-slooping was a bad idea...), so in theory task doesn't look like impossible. Most islands have a fire, where fish can be cooked, then it can be stored in the boat's storage box, and the fact that it is, you know, a boat, makes it hard to notice it from afar and easy to see that you are empty when you are close to someone.

• Here are some tips for fishing. For Islehoppers they only appear on large islands and each large island has only one kind except the occasional rare Raven Islehoppers. For example Devil's Ridge only has Amethyst, Wanderer's Refuge Moss, and Crescent Isle Honey Islehoppers.

When fishing for Pondies I recommend fishing in the ponds in Hidden Spring Keep and Crow's Nest Fortress because inactive Forts don't spawn ambient skeletons.

So the pirate Legend Hideout is actually underneath the center of the map so if you see a Skelly ship battle there you can actually fish for Battlegills at the hideout.

Trick for Stormfish and Black cloud records is to move ahead of the storm and camp at the next island, or sunken ship it looks like it is going to hit. Also the Arena Spire at K12 and the uncharted island north of it at K9 are region less so any Stormfish you catch there will either be Twilights(only appear at night), or the rare Shadow Stormfish.

When fishing for Wildsplash the wilds water is dark and murky making identifying the fish difficult at times, but the East side of the uncharted island at K9 is in the Wilds, but it looks like Ancient Isles water making it easier to identify fish.

• One last thing carry a supply crate to carry the fish in. If something sinks you, your fish won't all disappear. Actually a good idea is to have a rowboat and fish from it instead of your boat. People won't almost never notice you as you fish. You can even abandon your main boat and just use the rowboat.

• @shamanmclamie well, if someone sinks me, fish stored in a crate means that it would be the prize for the guy who sunk me. Sure, it is his legit reward for attacking and killing a solo guy in the rowboat (what a deed!), but I'm a sore loser in the moments when I'm not planning to play to begin with, and I'd like to ensure that if I don't get that fish, noone does.

But yeah, box can be handy in the moments when you want to get a lot pondies or whatever and don't want to run with each 5 to the boat and back. Also, makes selling them on the tradepost easier. So, yeah, thanks for the idea.

• https://imgur.com/BwwSfyD

Views
4 out of 10