Randomly Taking Damage?

• A little bit of backstory: I was doing a voyage for the Order of Souls and ended up with like a dozen skulls (which IMO shouldn't glow through ships and make you light up like a lantern considering it's easily the most common loot in the game, but I digress) and I parked on an island to kill some more skeletons when another player came up and started throwing firebombs at me and lighting my whole ship on fire. I started putting the fire out and of course caught on fire myself, so I went to put the fire out and it did.

The issue is that I kept taking damage even after the fire was put out. I dumped my bucket on myself, the fire on my character went away, but I still died. I couldn't take the lantern on the ferry, so the game didn't even think I died by fire. When I respawned, I immediately jumped off of my burning ship into the water and STILL kept taking damage. The other guy was easily able to shoot me once to kill me since I took over half of my health worth of damage after jumping into the water with seemingly absolutely no source.

Is this a bug or am I just missing another weird obscure fact about that game?

Views
  • @penguin4045 There is nothing like this I know of in the game. I have not had this happen to me and I dont know of anyone this has happened too. If the other player wasnt causing the damage and the fire was out, which as you said was signified by not being able to take the lantern on the ferry, then it sounds like a bug. Best thing I would suggest is to raise a support ticket and report it as a bug.

Views
1 out of 2