A Sloop with a closed back

• Hello, I’m a solo player who uses the sloop a lot and I like the design of the larger ships. Unlike the sloop other than the size has a closed back which would look nice on the sloop and more fitting to the size as well. The sloop doesn’t look like a very good boat for open seas, from the open back and cloth roof it looks like a boat used for off shore fishing or a inland boat I do understand the design choice though but a closed back would look nice too

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • @colonelwaffle18 In addition to this they should implement an actual captain's quarters on the sloop. Balance wise sloop is great but I agree that they should make it less open and more sturdy looking. They could make it so that you could open up the sloop by making hatches like those that are already on the sloop but larger and covering more area, but to fit this they would need to make the back part wooden and not cloth, or else it wouldn't look right.

• That would break the balance of the game. You would be trapped by a kraken tentacle just like the brigantine and galleon with no escape. You wouldn't be able to look down at the map table from above. The stairs would be spawn-camped ad nauseum (and you wouldn't necessarily have the crew to back you up either). Or have a makeshift bed that the tarp provides. Etc.

• @galactic-geek You could still bail water through the windows in the case of the kraken. The others are good points and I see where you are coming from but I still would personally prefer a closed sloop. What is the makeshift bed that the tarp provides though? Take into account that this would also provide protection advantages to the sloop, so it would be a buff and a debuff at the same time.

• @jofjjay give the sloop some tarps that can be closed that hang down from the back tarp, kinda like curtains.

• @klutchxking518 That would look weird...

• @galactic-geek Any changes to a boat would look weird, we're all used to the things we have. Remember when they added the cutouts for the harpoons? they were weird then!

• @klutchxking518

To be fair, they were sections of the railing which had been removed for no immediate purpose. With the harpoons they work, but they were just gaps at the time.

• @ultmateragnarok it was just an example.

• Options are great. I'd love to see a few different ship designs within each category. The designs would be mostly cosmetic, offering slightly different builds, including perhaps a closed-back sloop, or a brigantine with a proper quarterdeck. Who knows, maybe someday.

• I love the open back on a sloop, use it to your advantage, parked at a pier just right you can hop into the back of it perfectly to speed up loading/unloading items.

Views
feedbackgeneral
10 out of 11