Unlock the Arena Ships in Adventure Mode

• Lock them behind commendations:

Flaming Jackal Grade V: Win 15 matches on the Flaming Jackal

Lucky Rover Grade V: Win 15 matches on the Lucky Rover

Azure Scout Grade V: Win 15 matches on the Azure Scout

Golden Chaser Grade V: Win 15 matches on the Golden Chaser

Regal Hound Grade V: Win 15 matches on the Regal Hound

Midnight Prowler: Complete all commendations for the Flaming Jackal, Lucky Rover, Azure Scout, Golden Chaser, and Regal Hound

Good Boy Grade V: Win 5 matches on the Good Boy

Each commendation would unlock the liveries for purchase for each respective ship.

Views
  • @klutchxking518 Good Idea, but I would make the win amount a tiny higher.

• @klutchxking518 Mind if I add this to a post I have with a list of feedback? I'll give credit and link back to here.

• @atherza I kept the win amount low so people (myself included) wouldn't go nuts about the repeat commendations. Me and many others have our 240 wins, but also needed to go out and win an extra 100 matches for the Triumphant set, it'd suck to have to do another 100.

Feel free to repost it as you like.

• @klutchxking518 While I can understand wanting to get things sooner, one of the reasons for having to do repeat that is to add more reasons to play.
    Unfortunately, lots of people quit playing as soon as they unlock the newest thing. This keeps more people in the game. I had no problem last year when Shrouded Spoils came out and I had to do more legend missions to unlock stuff. It gave me more reasons to play and do more things again.

• @gantrithor51 I'm well aware of how things work. I have mentioned I'm a Legendary Sea Dog and Triumphant Sea Dog, yes?

The long commendations such as the Legendary Sea Dog, Legend of the Sea of Thieves, Legendary Hunter of the Sea of Thieves, etc. aren't supposed to be grinded out, they're supposed to be done over a span of time.

The reason I suggested such low numbers is due to the fact that I didn't mean for these commendations to be hard to get, I only wanted them to be a little way to unlock those cool looking boats. UNLOCK, not earn. They could be expensive... I don't really know.

And remember, the Good Boy is a rare ship, so there's less on that one, and the Midnight Prowler is an unused boat because it was too "stealthy" in the arena, so I made that one the long term goal of it all. That's 75 wins for the Midnight Prowler. I think it's an appropriate amount. Plus, with lower numbers, we won't have as many people quitting because they didn't get the ship they needed.

Plus I really like the look and sound of the Midnight Prowler boat...

• Good idea. What Rare should do as well, is painting inside of the hull like Arena ships.

• @guilleont Yeah, have you noticed that the wailing barnacle hull turns the inside of the boat blue just like the outside? i'd love that to be on all boats.

• @guilleont it also goes on the kraken hull on the sloop.

• good idea.
    Only see one problem, Arena in it self.
    Arena is not competitive, every march a least 2 ship leave before the end, an the skill level of player can be so different that's not even fair.

think they can add stuff like that, If they put in ranked marches.
    Some sort of Ranking/dividing so it become competitive.

out of 40 marches I only have had 1-2 that was really fun an competitive, where the rest, just have been mehhhh.

• @klutchxking518 dijo en Unlock the Arena Ships in Adventure Mode:

@guilleont Yeah, have you noticed that the wailing barnacle hull turns the inside of the boat blue just like the outside? i'd love that to be on all boats.

All the first ship sets has the inside of the hull painted (sea dog, sovereign, admiral)... The interior of the ships in Arena looks cool and it doesn't seem a hard task to do.

• @guilleont
    They should also retroactively make all sets paint harpoon and maybe masts. It's annoying how only new sets do that, while amazing old sets(like forsaken ashes) don't

• @blazedrake100 Yes! I like the wood deck of the Shark Hunter ship as it is, but at least the masts, wheel and capstan of the old sets should be reworked.

• @guilleont the shark hunter deserves another look at. The deck is fine, but i really wish they'd at least give it some cannons and stuff...

• @greencamillion1 how is that a problem? If this is a problem then ALL the commendations are a problem. Less people make it easier to win, anyway.

• @blazedrake100 I also don't get why the masts on the Glorious Sea Dog Ship are greenish.

• @klutchxking518 dijo en Unlock the Arena Ships in Adventure Mode:

@guilleont the shark hunter deserves another look at. The deck is fine, but i really wish they'd at least give it some cannons and stuff...

Of course Shark ship needs its cannons just like the other sets. I was talking about the colour of the deck. I like the way it is, but I think all old sets'd look cool if they have the masts reworked.

• @guilleont that's what i meant. I know that the paint is an issue but id at least like some new parts of that set.

• @guilleont Sorry I hadn't seen your post earlier... I didn't know that those sets painted the inside too! That's really Neate (heh). Do they paint the floor AND the walls like the Wailing Barnacle does?

Views
1 out of 19