Suggestions and ideas

• I just want to start by saying I love this game. Everything from the art style to gameplay, it's beyond any other game I've played! I started playing back when the gunpowder skeletons were first introduced (I can't remember when that was) and I've been a committed player ever since, being sure to play every update the day they are released. That being said, every now and then the game does get a little stale for me after playing for a few hours. I've kinda hit a point where I don't really know what to do in the game because I get a little bored. I've got pirate legend, completed all the tall tales and gotten most rewards from the events and such. I feel like the game could do with more random encounters to sort of excite players and breathe new life into the Sea of Thieves. I have a few suggestions on how this could be done.

First of all, I feel like skeletons are getting a bit old as every new enemy type has been some kind of skeleton (skeleton ships, pirate lords etc). I'd love to see something new to mix things up.

Mermaids - I don't just mean the ones that take us back to our ships. I'm talking about the evil looking ones that have paintings of them on multiple islands and were even shown in a trailer (again I can't remember which one). These guys could lurk around sunken ship wrecks or guard mermaid statues to add a little difficulty to obtaining some decent loot as well as making the oceans feel more treacherous.

Whales - Not everything in the Sea of Thieves has to be out to kill you. It's nice to just take in the sights sometimes because the game is just that pretty! With this in mind, how cool would it be to have whales jumping out of the water next to your ship! I think it would make a nice change and give players some memorable moments. There are certain maps that can be found around the game next to merchants that have images of whale tails splashing in the water, yet there are none to be seen in the game. Again, it would bring some new life into the empty waters of the Sea of Thieves. They would make for some awesome screenshots too.

Dolphins - Similarlly to whales, dolphins could swim next to players ships and jump out of the water. The player could even interact with them by feeding them fish that they have caught and in return, the dolphin could have a chance to come back with some kind of loot depending on the rarity of fish.

Crabs/Lobsters - Yet another creature that's been featured in multiple trailers yet hasn't made an appearance in the game. There's even crab themed ship cosmetics but crabs are no where to be seen! They wouldn't exactly do much, just act as another food item that the player could sell to the hunters call. Lobsters could also be a viable option as there are lobster trap looking cages around outposts. These could be caught by simply placing a trap in shallow water and waiting around 5 minutes. There could be different rarities like the fish that are cought for the hunters call and also act as another food source.

Sharks - Okay, so I know sharks are already in the game but hear me out. Normal sharks (not the megaladons) only spawn if your in the water for a certain amount of time. I hardly ever encounter sharks that often because they're pretty easy to avoid. I do however have an idea on how to make them much more of a force to be reckoned with. Sharks could circle smaller islands, such as lagoon of whispers, making it much more of a challenge getting loot or bounties off of what are considered easier islands.

And that's pretty much it! Hopefully someone at Rare sees this but if not, at least it's fun to just come up with ideas. I don't normally post stuff like on forums, I hardly visit forums at all to be honest but like a said earlier, I love this game and want to see it succeed and I feel like these suggestions would null some players complaints about the game being boring or whatever. I'm excited to see what the future holds for the game and I'll be a loyal player for a long time yet! If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to post anything suggestion related in this thread and I look forward to seeing what other people think!

Views
communityfeedback
1 out of 1