Add one-time large pop-up on frontend menu announcing what's new

• My friends and I have come to notice that definitely not everybody is eagerly waiting for patch notes as soon we know it's patch day. We have found that it is actually surprisingly hard to get people to turn in your gifts, because they seem to either not know that there's stuff happening at Reaper's Hideout or don't know where to turn the gifts in.

I've filled the table with 15 gifts and stayed on the same server for about 2-3 hours afterward. Nobody ever turned in anything and when I was ready to log out, I went to the Hideout, intending to turn in my own stuff myself, but it all had gone. Either it despawned or somebody had taken it, thinking it had to be turned in to Jim and left it somewhere else. I was very peeved.

My suggestion: with every new update containing an event, add a one-time splash screen type banner or pop-up to the frontend menu briefly announcing what's new and where to find the patch notes. Players would have to press X or Esc to get rid of it before they can have access to Adventure, Arena, Emporium etc.

Examples of games that have this: Destiny 2, League of Legends (according to a friend?)

You might say that there is already a window in the frontend menu with "What's New", but I would argue that it is too small and too easily ignored.

We had to hold a sloop at gunpoint and extensively tell them what this event was about and force them to turn in our gifts. While that is one way of doing it, I also liked the idea of leaving many gifts behind on the table and people being delighted to see that! But people just don't seem to go to Reaper's Hideout :c

Views
    feedback
  • Agreed. I've met so many people that I've had to explain step by step on where to sell the gifts. I'm shocked that so many people don't read the patch notes or watch the content updates.

• I give you a way better ending that made me decide that this game is trash: i collected gifts ready to give them to others, i even stopped because a brigantine told me they were friendly and i was ready to give them the gifts, they killed me repeatedly took all my gifts saying as always "this is a pirate game", and never turned them out to make me not get the rewards. GOOD GAME DESIGN
    also a game that needs constant updating through emails and a website is bad design aswell and its not peoples fault if developers can't write that stuff directly in game but feel more comfortable by writing a webpage

• Agreed. Upvoting.

Me and my crew realized there was a new patch only after we tried to log in and got the beard error.

Views
feedback
3 out of 4