Personalized ship options

• I think it would be awesome if Rare did something kind of like how GTA had special clan flags and such where they would go through some process of being checked and approved to ensure there is nothing lewd or harmful. Its a service I would even be willing to pay to process submissions for should it be implemented right. It could include anything between really decking out and coloring preexisting ship models, and could allow me to get the trans flag I think would rock to be on my ship. I am sure a few people would hate the idea now that I mentioned that but those are my feelings ^_^

Views
    merchandisefeedbackgeneralcommunityjust for fun
  • No, I agree fully. It would just be a little resource heavy for the developers, as I think loads of people would love the idea of a custom flag, the only problem is I think that it might break the immersion of some players...

• @clevererchain40 Thats fair, I can see that angle. I suggested I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for the option because I know it wouldnt be easy to sift through user submissions. I think another part might require potentially unfavorable rules like not allowing twitch handles or something silly on the flags. (I twitch stream dont scream at me) But I think it could be easily circumvented by allowing you to see other player names and check their profiles from there. Like my want of a trans flag wouldnt be anymore immersion breaking than the rainbow flag I think, and I hope the first rule of the pirate code would also support the potential immersion. I personally think of it as more of a different universe than an altered one of our own, and in such a pirate universe anyone can be a pirate. I also think it would be immersive to think some pirate just has this gigantic ego that requires him to sail under a modified jolly roger with burning skulls all around the center, or have something weird form like a dark souls fashion police but like maybe a band of people who harpoon a boat and board them throwing treasure onto their decks to their complete confusion. The role playing can go far, I remember someone roleplaying in runescape years back who wouldnt ever fight or harm monsters because their character was a pacifist.

• @kaiser-of-dusk hmm, maybe a flag customiser, with premade stickers and colours, I think like the rust sign system. Where you design it ingame, so that you don’t have legions of pirates sailing around with memes as their flags. (Though it would certainly be amusing). But, then again, the concept of having to pay might stop most of the people wasting their money to abuse it.

Views
merchandisefeedbackgeneralcommunityjust for fun
1 out of 4