Suggestion - Reduce respawn/loading times (even at the cost of graphics)

• I've had it happen WAY too many times where I die, wait a little to spawn in the ferry of the damned, then wait for the doors to open, and once I'm loading back into the world I find myself waiting literally a solid 30+ seconds, by which point my ship is fully sank and I respawn next to it at a random island.

This is by far the most frustrating thing in this game. You forget to eat a banana or two, you don't get below deck in time and the meg bites the ship, or a skelly ship headshots you with a cannonball. As you're dying you hear the water flooding in. By the time the doors in the ferry open, your heart is pounding with adrenaline, only to slow down to a bored and annoyed crawl when you realize your ship is long gone before you even open your digital eyes. You sit at the black loading screen, slowly listening to the action music fade into nothingness, and turn into the singing of birds overheard, and the island shore waves.

I've found myself many times yelling out loud "I can hear stuff! I can hear the water flooding in, the objects already loaded! They're making sound so they're there! Just let me walk around!".

GTA V has no issue transforming the map into a blurry mess, and have you sink into, and float above the roads, or spazzing players around the screen, just because your internet happens to not be loading things in fast enough. But it's way better than getting frozen to the spot until everything loads to its full, beautiful, HD, eye-candy glory. I don't want eye-candy, I want to repair my ship!

This is a perfect example of TCP and UDP (protocols for sending data). TCP waits for everything to be there before sending it, UDP doesn't. TV programmes use UDP, and I'm sure you've seen image and audio corruption due to the weather or antenna placement, that's happening because not all the data is being delivered, but it's better than just cutting out into a silent black screen (like in this game).

Sea of Thieves is like TCP, GTA V is like UDP. Please me Sea of Thieves like UDP.

Views
feedback
1 out of 1