Xbox Series X - Holiday 2020

• First look, trailer etc..
    Does this interest any PC players?
    It would cost approx $1200+ to build a PC to compare to this. And this will sell for probably $400/600

Views
  • Have to add this link of the first game to be shown on the new console.. And what a sequel it will be!

• @needsmokes said in Xbox Series X - Holiday 2020:

First look, trailer etc..
    Does this interest any PC players?
    It would cost approx $1200 to build a PC to compare to this. And this will sell for probably $400/600

Honestly, I love it. Really brings the markets closer together and the price tag is in a sweet spot. Ill have one on per-order as soon as I can.

(I play Xbox and PC)

• @needsmokes My poor OG Xbox One is crying for retirement. Will definitely be upgrading to this, especially if that's the price range!

• Day 1. Anyone looking to buy a used X in a year?

• Where exactly have any specs been posted?

• Looks nice. Probably won't be able to day one it, but will get one pretty quickly.

• @pithyrumble

There are strong rumours of a more affordable version also being introduced. It won't be as powerful, but it will be much better than the current Xbox one X and perhaps only $300 to buy.. Still capable of super fast loading and 60fps 1080p.

• @fadingtojosh said in Xbox Series X - Holiday 2020:

Where exactly have any specs been posted?

Microsoft aren't throwing everything out there just yet, as Sony are also releasing in the Holidays 2020.

But you could take a look at this video which might give you a few clues as to what is likely to be very close to the specs: https://youtu.be/Fgw0orADgyo

• Hopefully we'll get a Sea of Thieves edition this time.

Tried something...

• I just redid a Alienware Alpha Steambox. (Wiped it clean with a fresh install of Windows 10).

Got all original parts in it. Little booger is running great! I can play all the cross play stuff on Game Pass (on low of course).

Diffidently would buy this over just another Console.

In all honesty if it wasn’t for SOT’s my XBOX one would have went the entire hardware cycle without ever being used.

• @skulliah said in Xbox Series X - Holiday 2020:

Hopefully we'll get a Sea of Thieves edition this time.

Tried something...

Yes please lol

• @skulliah said in Xbox Series X - Holiday 2020:

Hopefully we'll get a Sea of Thieves edition this time.

Tried something...

Can't wait to see the custom branded models of the XBSX.

• @marsmayflower

Me too. The box is too plain, huge and ugly to sit underneath most TV set ups. I'm not even sure this will fit undermine. So will be great to see some custom designs added upon release.

• I have a good experience on the one x now and fast loading times so i can wait a little for a good deal and a improved design because the specs sound good but the box is ugly 🤭
    The sot edition looks better but still i dont want this weird ugly black box🧐

• There were rumors that there would be two versions of the Project Scarlett. Is this the strongest or is this the other less powerful version?
    The Xbox case may be a point of discussion , but to be honest , not one Xbox case could be called beautiful in my opinion , but what they conjured upon our screen could be called very Beautiful. All brought with strong and powerful technology in the day they were released ... In short , the Xbox line is like me ( * Huh? , what?.....Whaaaahahaaaa, that's your first ever good joke) , the Beauty and Strenght lies inside. ( * Hihihihiiiii, you're losing it old man , inside you are an even bigger ruin than outside , freak , and strenght ? You don't know the meaning of that word , weakling)

• @clumsy-george

It would appear that this is the powerful version. As the less powerful and more affordable version will not be having a dics drive to help keep cost lower.

@marsmayflower

Me too. The box is too plain, huge and ugly to sit underneath most TV set ups. I'm not even sure this will fit undermine. So will be great to see some custom designs added upon release.

You can lay it down on its side. Will fit perfectly in my entertainment center. I'm glad they went to a PC-like design. Better for cooling and longevity. Function over form was their intention.

• but youre still playing on a controller aiming with old rubber mouse balls :/

• @aglasgowthing

Whilst there might be slight disadvantages with using a controller.
    There is also a whole world of experiences you are missing out in games not using one!
    By this i am talking out the rumble action of a controller, and how it can help bring situations to life in your hands.. Games have invested heavily into making this rumble experience truly amazing and in sync with the gaming experience.
    You don't get that tapping keys and waving a mouse about!

• xbox series x who came on that name ....its to long :D...

@aglasgowthing

Whilst there might be slight disadvantages with using a controller.
    There is also a whole world of experiences you are missing out in games not using one!
    By this i am talking out the rumble action of a controller, and how it can help bring situations to life in your hands.. Games have invested heavily into making this rumble experience truly amazing and in sync with the gaming experience.
    You don't get that tapping keys and waving a mouse about!

Yeh bcoz you can’t plug a controller into a PC AND HAVE that experience with better everything.
    Cmon.

@marsmayflower

I'm a huge fan of 2001 so I can't wait to have a little monolith in my house. It wasn't designed to sit under your TV, it was designed to stand alone like many of the AI boxes you see today.

• @marsmayflower

It has also been designed to lay on its side, and considering they will almost all be linked to TVs, and people much prefer to wire them directly rather than use the WiFi for optimum performance, I'm not so sure they are designed to be stand alone. The reason it is so big is because the power pack that consoles normally have plugged in to them will be incorporated inside of it.

• @needsmokes mine is going on it's own pedestal.

• @skulliah is this something that was made or are they actually thinking of selling this!!??

• seems legit

Views
1 out of 27