Open crew games

• So i wanna know what this is all about

When u wanna play open crew, lets say brig ship 3 man

why do ppl 90% off the time leave before we even start, before we even get out off the house.

what is going on With this game? is it a ping problem or can they kinda see uf u are New og good ? i dont get it, why search for a open crew and leave.

Views
  • @swoozh3 can’t speak for anyone else but I’d leave because of high ping or if I hear a bad mic.

But it’s a gd question I’ve been curious about that too.

• Open crew is such a mixed bag, I do it to find a crew that's already at sea doing something. It cuts out a lot of the wasted time finding a competent open crew. If I join a fresh boat there's a lot of open variables. What is the crew looking to do, when are they ready to leave the outpost, do they all have mics, what levels are they, etc.

Joining a boat mid-sea, you can see what quest they're on, what level that quest is, if the crew is working together, how much of the quest have they already completed, how stocked is their boat, are their sails angled into the wind, etc.

That makes it sound like I'm super picky, but I'm really not. If I can open crew join on a boat that's already out sailing, the time to actually start doing something just gets cut down drastically.

• Open mics are the main reason I leave a game. While I don't mind playing with open mic players as it can be entertaining, they are often too annoying with background sounds or mouth breathers.

Last time I joined a person doing tall tales, we had a person join a few islands in who only wanted to PVP and continually tried to take the ship to FoTD for that. We had to brig the player who then spammed the mic saying they wanted pvp. They eventually left but it was a sour change to what we were doing.

• @mcsquidly said in Open crew games:

Open crew is such a mixed bag, I do it to find a crew that's already at sea doing something. It cuts out a lot of the wasted time finding a competent open crew. If I join a fresh boat there's a lot of open variables. What is the crew looking to do, when are they ready to leave the outpost, do they all have mics, what levels are they, etc.

Joining a boat mid-sea, you can see what quest they're on, what level that quest is, if the crew is working together, how much of the quest have they already completed, how stocked is their boat, are their sails angled into the wind, etc.

That makes it sound like I'm super picky, but I'm really not. If I can open crew join on a boat that's already out sailing, the time to actually start doing something just gets cut down drastically.

This ☝️

I like to join crews at sea to help them in their voyage. Hardly stay to turn in, just want to help on their journey. Also I don't want to play for more than an hour. It helps drastically decrease my game time. Get on play a bit and get off. Helping new players learn some new tricks and basic practices or helping them to not be afraid of fighting other ships.

• There is no matchmaking options. If i open at a outpost they will troll and leave. If i park at active fort and open some will stay to do a fort.

They are server hopping to find something they like.

Views
1 out of 6