Let us say the word krap

• (if you feel the need, feel free to censor this, but I feel like it's worth discussing in a friendly manner)

First of all, I"m a moderator on various game forums official and otherwise, and I totally understand the need to foster a civil environment. but the "C word" is common in every day language. Virtually nobody finds this offensive and uses it all the time to refer to things they don't care for much or even just unspecified miscellaneous stuff that can even be positive, i.e. "I do that kind of cr*p all the time! It's tons of fun!"

I've noticed a LOT of words that aren't even curses of any sort that are blocked, presumably because they MIGHT MAYBE COULD be used in a negative manner. Civility and positivity are not the same thing, and it's unreasonable to force people to be 100% positive about everything all the time. And there are many appropriate and reasonable uses for some of these words. You already have rules to deal with people actually being offensive or rude, and in fact, you enforce them well. Why does your word filter have to be so draconian?

I follow the rules, and I respect them- but that doesn't mean y'all shouldn't loosen up just a tiny bit. (I also recognize that as a high profile company you do have to be careful about this sort of thing, but this is literally the first forum I've ever been to that blocks the c word)

(Ofc, I don't know if this is entirely up to Rare or if maybe it's partially imposed by Microsoft because of Xbox?)

Views
1 out of 1