The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you

• @ermah-ghur said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

@mutation-x2 said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

This is a heartfelt message from me to your team. My wife passed away last Monday due to cancer. She and I sailed the Sea Of Thieves many days and nights since its release. We shared many laughs and excitement brought to us by your game and the escape it created.

An escape from the pain that my wife and our family were experiencing. My wife had fought cancer for a long year but yet through it all she never stopped smiling. Some of those smiles came from the time that her and I had with Sea Of Thieves.

She always looked forward to us playing and we always made sure we tackled every new feature TOGETHER. One of the best memories is when the two of us finally reached Pirate Legends. A feat we talked about for a long time.

I am thankful to your team for allowing me to share this unforgettable experience with my wife. I know she is sailing the heavenly seas on a ship built by love that has no bounds.

Thank you @SeaOfThieves @RareLtd
    alt text

Thank for sharing this story with us. I hope the Sea ( of Thieves) still calls to you and you continue to raise anchor and drops sails and see where the wind takes you. If you ever need a fellow pirate to sail with send me a message. We can always make room for one more on our crew.
    Wishing you calmer seas ahead.

I would love that. I’ll definitely message you.

• @mutation-x2 So sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

Did your wife have a favourite spot in the game?

If you tell me where it is, I'll sail there to leave an offering next time I play.

• Thankyou for sharing this with us. You have my condolences.
    Fair winds and following seas.

• @boxcar-squidy said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

@mutation-x2 So sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

Did your wife have a favourite spot in the game?

If you tell me where it is, I'll sail there to leave an offering next time I play.

She just loved sailing through the shores of plenty. We always enjoyed the constant sunshine. Anywhere there would be perfect.

• @blackfish said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

Thankyou for sharing this with us. You have my condolences.
    Fair winds and following seas.

Thank you my friend.

• Truly sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.
    May your wife be at peace.
    May the winds fill your sails, and move you to calmer seas.
    May you continue to find new adventures in life.

• Sorry about your loss mate, I hope your wife finds peace and no matter where you go, she'll always be there by your side both in heart and spirit.

• Sorry to hear of your loss. Next time I pass thru the shores of plenty I will make an offering and play a tune to the sunset.

• @nielk said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

Truly sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.
    May your wife be at peace.
    May the winds fill your sails, and move you to calmer seas.
    May you continue to find new adventures in life.

Thank you for your gracious words. I look to set sail soon once again.

• @foxywiththemoxy said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

Sorry about your loss mate, I hope your wife finds peace and no matter where you go, she'll always be there by your side both in heart and spirit.

Thank you sincerely. She helped make me the better person I am today and I get to see her face in our daughter every day. I know she'll also be there when I touch the seas again.

• @captainvonsnap said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Next time I pass thru the shores of plenty I will make an offering and play a tune to the sunset.

Very kind and thoughtful. Thank you!

• I’m so sorry for your loss. This beautiful post brought a tear to my eye.

• This post hit me right in the feels, makes me think of this song.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQZJ9NUzYU - The adventures to find the Gold was the real Treasure.. Gob bless you and your family.

• @mutation-x2 mate i'm so sorry for you're loss and i hope shes in heaven smiling down upon ye

• @mutation-x2

I started crying reading this.

I'm so sorry for your loss! It's so amazing that you and your wife had the opportunity to experience the world of Sea of Thieves together.

I'm hoping that you'll find plenty of peace in the days to come, and I hope that you always find joy by sailing the Sea of Thieves.

• @peteloaf777 said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

I’m so sorry for your loss. This beautiful post brought a tear to my eye.

I'm glad this story touched you. I hoped that I could convey it enough for people to understand how much it meant to me.

• @torchupmaryj said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

This post hit me right in the feels, makes me think of this song.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQZJ9NUzYU - The adventures to find the Gold was the real Treasure.. Gob bless you and your family.

Thank you so much! I'll be listening to this today.

• @closinghare208 said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

@mutation-x2 mate i'm so sorry for you're loss and i hope shes in heaven smiling down upon ye

Thank you kindly. I have no doubt she is. :)

• @chronodusk said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

@mutation-x2

I started crying reading this.

I'm so sorry for your loss! It's so amazing that you and your wife had the opportunity to experience the world of Sea of Thieves together.

I'm hoping that you'll find plenty of peace in the days to come, and I hope that you always find joy by sailing the Sea of Thieves.

It was truly special sharing this game with her, which makes the game itself even more grand because it allowed me to have such an experience via gaming.

I actually finally got back on the seas two days ago with a couple close friends of mine. It was surreal to be playing again.

• This is such an incredible read. I am sorry for your loss friend. Time heals all wounds, and eventually reconnects the souls. You will one day ride side by side on the Ferry of the Damned together.

Until then easy sailing friend.

I would like to see a memorial in game @Deckhands

• @jjblackhat said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

This is such an incredible read. I am sorry for your loss friend. Time heals all wounds, and eventually reconnects the souls. You will one day ride side by side on the Ferry of the Damned together.

Until then easy sailing friend.

I would like to see a memorial in game @Deckhands

There are SO MANY beautiful souls on these forums and you are one of them my friend. Indeed we will one day ride together again.

• @mutation-x2 said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

It was truly special sharing this game with her, which makes the game itself even more grand because it allowed me to have such an experience via gaming.

I actually finally got back on the seas two days ago with a couple close friends of mine. It was surreal to be playing again.

I'm sure it was quite surreal. Picking up the controller and logging into Sea of Thieves again after that could not have been easy at all I imagine for several reasons... The memory association can be tough, and a lot of times feeling of guilt are paired with grief.

I'm glad you're sailing again. I don't know what you believe, but I'm sure that she'll want you to keep sailing many many miles and plundering loot to your heart's content!

Add me if you want - shoot me a message if you see me online playing Sea of Thieves! Gamertag is Chronodusk, exactly as it appears on the forums here!

• @chronodusk said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

@mutation-x2 said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

I'm sure it was quite surreal. Picking up the controller and logging into Sea of Thieves again after that could not have been easy at all I imagine for several reasons... The memory association can be tough, and a lot of times feeling of guilt are paired with grief.

I'm glad you're sailing again. I don't know what you believe, but I'm sure that she'll want you to keep sailing many many miles and plundering loot to your heart's content!

Add me if you want - shoot me a message if you see me online playing Sea of Thieves! Gamertag is Chronodusk, exactly as it appears on the forums here!

The memory association is what kept me from wanting to log in. It just seemed to difficult. But with the support of some friends, I finally was able to do that.

I added you by the way! Feel free to do the same if you want - Mutation X2

• Cancer is a horrid disease, lost too many friends and family to it.

My deepest condolences and love to you and your family.

This feels like something that Umbra shold be chronicling @Deckhands

• @grievy said in The story of me and my late wife to the creators of Sea Of Thieves: Thank you:

Cancer is a horrid disease, lost too many friends and family to it.

My deepest condolences and love to you and your family.

This feels like something that Umbra shold be chronicling @Deckhands

Indeed Cancer is horrible. It carries such a heavy weight with it and the impact it leaves is unlike anything else.

Thank you for your condolences and for your kind idea.

• @Chronodusk What time zone are you in?

• @mutation-x2

Hey bud! I'm in U.S. Eastern Time. I just added you back, by the way!

@mutation-x2

Hey bud! I'm in U.S. Eastern Time. I just added you back, by the way!

Awesome! I see it. Thanks!

Views
59 out of 63