Kegs and fire. Where do we keep kegs now?

• To my understanding, fire now sets off kegs in the crows nest.

Is the crows nest still the best place to store them now?

What about leaving them next to the crows nest on the top mast?
    Suppose its easier to shoot.

Perhaps at the very front mast?

Perhaps its just safer to keep it on the crows nest and just pray it never sets alight?

Thoughts?

Views
  • I think it has caused people not to store them on their boats anymore, I will not go into too much details on what I've been doing with them, but I will say they are safe on the islands

• I "hide" mine below deck. But you are right. Carrying kegs has just gotten a whole lot more exciting!

• Interesting :)

• I keep stronghold kegs in the nest but I also divert to an outpost immediately once I get one. I don't carry normal kegs anymore as they're too dangerous to warrant the risk.

They did nerf the damage from stronghold kegs so you're not instantly sunk if they go off so as long as they're in the nest but the normal kegs seem to got buffed as if they go off below deck is near fatal now even on a sloop. The holes they create seem to be larger so keeping any kegs below deck is suicidal now.

• @fadingtojosh That makes sense.

I got kegged by a stronghold keg in a brig and i even survived.
    The guy who kegged me died instantly but i managed to save the ship.

All the masts were down, anchor shredded, a ton of holes.
    I was lucky, i just managed to save it.
    I was right by the point of no return.

1 second later to react id of lost the ship 😂

• @daringclarky
    In a sloop I put them in the crows nest.
    Carry none on a brig and on a galleon we keep them on a row boat.

• @inboundbomb Do they no longer detonate whilst being towed on rowboats?

• All masts catch fire is suggest only talking them if you are going to use them or maybe rowboat them

• @daringclarky It's probably because you can just ditch the rowboat if you think you are going to get attacked.

They will still detonate in the rowboat, but if the rowboat isn't near your ship you won't have to worry about them.

• @daringclarky said in Kegs and fire. Where do we keep kegs now?:

@inboundbomb Do they no longer detonate whilst being towed on rowboats?

We don't detach the row boat but 9 out of 10 people aren't looking for them to be there and if blown up it does minimal damage to the ship and players. Plus they're ready for sneak attacks.

• @daringclarky as the kegs still disappear after a little while I don't carry any of them anymore...stronghold kegs I instantly go to sell them

• I think the fire should climb the masts a little slower to allow a chance for the kegs to be saved.

• @schwammlgott kegs despawn? I didnt know this.

Roughly how long can u keep them before they disappear?

• @daringclarky sagte in Kegs and fire. Where do we keep kegs now?:

@schwammlgott kegs despawn? I didnt know this.

Roughly how long can u keep them before they disappear?

Don't know...didn't look that much up there to check...
    Just joined a friend the other day as he asked where the kegs are gone...wasn't sure before that if it's still like that

• The ideal place to leave your kegs is in the hold of another ship.

• @genuine-heather Whilst putting a keg there, where do you store them on your own ship to store them there?

• It is a great change. It should never be safe having explosive kegs on your ship.

• i stopped carrying kegs long ago. especially when the mast damage came in. but even before that when i board someone first thing i do is go to the nest and drop their bombs on them haha. so unless im gearing up for pvp im gona instigate, i dont take em.

Views
1 out of 19