Less is MOAR

• @camellias4465 You are right mate, but consider the recent dev update, even collector's chests now can be sold to any of the original factions in exchange of doubloons AND reputations, so now they are like mermaid gems, that were hard to acquire, but now you find loads of them scattered on shores and forts. it adds to the pot of useless doubloons.

I agree that it helps my content to have videos that show conflicts, heavy PVP and big battles. This is what the audience likes the most. But I wont promote that side of things just for the sake of my channel, it's just that the feel of the seas is not the same, everything starts hard, then someone complains, later its gets nerfed to the ground, like skullforts, devils roar, kraken, megs, and so on. Everything is becoming too easy even for a new player, and as they say "Easy come, Easy Go" .

Let's have a small example like the known Mobile Game "Flappy Bird" the game had one simple mechanic, but was so hard that people got Ego Depletion, its a mechanic used in game psychology to get players hooked. [I am an indie game DEV].

When you give the player a reason to try and achieve, and the win is a glorious moment, they get hooked and always want to return to the seas, SoT has 0 of that, as every accomplishment is way too easy, even for the new player.

Just my two cents :)

• @eth4n460 but we were talking about damaging shadow skellies with fire bombs, wich i dont think we can actually do. i mean maybe fire just takes forever to kill them but i have lit lots on fire now to test and i dont think it does, idk. but yea anyways we were talking about fire balls doing damage to them, so if a fire ball explodes and produces light. it should damage them imo. all good anyways, i think it would be ok if they didnt light shadow skellies up while they were just chilling in your hand like a lantern does.

• @phuzzybond Oh, I took it as they will sell for a small amount of gold. That... hm. Yeah, I can see why some things like that would be a problem. I do think some of the PvE "bosses" like megalodons should be harder. Right now, the only random encounters that actually cause me problems are skeleton ships, because usually I'm on a sloop, and I get attacked by a galleon, and the kraken, which can just be avoided by turning around.

But yeah, those are some fair points. If collectors chests are selling for doubloons, that's kinda... meh. If it were, like, 25-50 gold, then it's not a problem, but I guess I misinterpreted what they meant (maybe they did say doubloons outright and I just thought they meant gold for some reason).

• I think it'd be a good idea for some of the Skeleton types to not be affected by the fire, or at least burning damage - Gold skellies probably shouldn't remain lit since gold melts rather than burns, not to mention their weakness is water. Same should go for the FotD ones not affected by lanterns since that just shows light is not this particular breed's weakness.

A fun solution which would add some chaos and challenge would be to introduce randomly-spawning fire skeletons where the devs want to discourage carpet-bombing the island with fire. These can function like regular skellies but when set on fire become much more powerful and harder to deal with until you put the fire out. They could also set the player on fire by getting too close. I think these would be a big enough PITA that players trying to speed through content will be forced to be a bit more methodical, and players hungering for more challenging PvE will get their wish too.

Also to add to the love-fest, thanks for all your videos Phuzzy! They helped me find my sea legs so I could enjoy this awesome game. :)

• @galactic-geek said in Less is MOAR:

Fire melts golden skeletons.
    Fire burns plant skeletons.
    Fire lights up shadow skeletons.
    Fire disintegrates regular skeletons.

Makes sense to me.

Also, last time I checked, dubloons weren't shared with Reaper's Chests, so if that's a new development, or if I was just mistaken, then that's good to know.

it takes a bit more heat to melt gold though than just a regular fire. xD

• As you say, they are destroying the economy, the value of the currency, the incentive to do certain tasks or complete commendations.
    This needs an urgent adjustment just like the loot!

Rare devs!

• Hmm... What if we could change the color of a firebomb in the same way we can change our lanterns? I hold up a blue lantern, for example and you can then hold a firebomb and get a prompt to make it blue, or make my lantern normal orange...

• @sweltering-nick said in Less is MOAR:

@galactic-geek said in Less is MOAR:

Makes sense to me.

Also, last time I checked, dubloons weren't shared with Reaper's Chests, so if that's a new development, or if I was just mistaken, then that's good to know.

True, but we already know that SoT isn't THAT realistic.

• @galactic-geek said in Less is MOAR:

@sweltering-nick said in Less is MOAR:

@galactic-geek said in Less is MOAR:

Makes sense to me.

True, but we already know that SoT isn't THAT realistic.

It's one thing to be cartoony, but SoT isn't THAT cartoony, have some common sense, will ya?! xD

• @bjorn-fjordnord I really like the idea of fire skellies :) anything to prevent a carpet bomb, and also, thank you :) Im glad videos were helpful.

• I definitely think it was a mistake making doubloons as easily obtainable as gold. It doesn't feel like it's own distinct currency anymore. It's just gold with a different name now.

Views
feedback
45 out of 46