Suggestion:Decrease the spawn rate of krakens

• During this week I’ve been playing sea of theives loads but ive seen the kraken like 5 times so could you turn down the spawn rate?

Views
    xbox onequestion
  • @xxjoseph6xx

The kraken only spawns when a fort or fleet goes down. If there is no active skull fort or skull fleet in the sky then a kraken is lurking in the water

I remember staying away from forts and outpost. They tend to spawn their more frequently although, they can spawn anywhere

• @coffeelight5545

In addition to what @coffeelight5545 said, kraken, besides appearing only under the above conditions, is extremely easy to defeat. Even alone on sloop you can defeat him in less than 1 minute.

• @targasbr sliop kraken is a joke. Brig and galley require a small amount of attention

• @captain-coel Just a few strategy. But still easy to beat.

• @targasbr +1

• Note to all, the kraken no longer spawns based on active events and instead randomly similar to megalodons and skeleton ships.

• @ultmateragnarok since when?

• @ultmateragnarok said in Suggestion:Decrease the spawn rate of krakens:

Note to all, the kraken no longer spawns based on active events and instead randomly similar to megalodons and skeleton ships.

Oooh really? That's pretty neat actually. It should be unpredictable and you shouldn't know when you are safe or not from it.

• @captain-coel

I found no mention of it within the patch notes, but I was recently attacked by a kraken and noticed a stronghold event to be active. Notably the Fort of the Damned was also active, with that also being an event its creation likely changed how the events work in relation to each other.

• @ultmateragnarok awesome. I'll ha e to keep an eye out

• @bloodybil said in Suggestion:Decrease the spawn rate of krakens:

@ultmateragnarok said in Suggestion:Decrease the spawn rate of krakens:

Note to all, the kraken no longer spawns based on active events and instead randomly similar to megalodons and skeleton ships.

Oooh really? That's pretty neat actually. It should be unpredictable and you shouldn't know when you are safe or not from it.

Yeah I agree we shouldn't really know when we're safe or in danger... It did make some sense about the kraken though... I imagined it being lazy, hanging out in it's cave among all the loot it plundered, then, when the skull fort or fleet went down, it knew at least one ship up there had some sweet loot, so it would venture out and attack a random vessel

• @bactatankbill

There are multiple krakens, not all of them wait for certain things (though given the 3am roars, some do). There are few enough that they don't strike too commonly, but they're smart enough to know when they're beat as well so actually killing one is hard.

• @ultmateragnarok That's why I started that statement with 'I imagined'. Because I knew the rest of the post wasn't perfectly accurate.

• @xxjoseph6xx damn i wish i got krakened more often : (

• @d4m0r3d said in Suggestion:Decrease the spawn rate of krakens:

@xxjoseph6xx damn i wish i got krakened more often : (

Why?

It doesn’t give you any decent loot. The accommodation for killing 10 krakens is pointless because you can get 50 doubloons by turning in 2 reaper chests plus the limitless doubloons you can get from the monthly content update. You can now buy the inky kraken set with money, which looks much better than the original set.

I don’t bother with the kraken anymore. I just sail out of it every time.

• @coffeelight5545 gotta get that kraken meat for the hunters call. also i already have the commendation for killing 10 krakens. the kraken is easy to fight when solo slooping, i have done it before and the kraken only hit me once, thats a total of 3 holes in an entire kraken fight. so its worth the treasure and the meat when you are doing it as a solo sloop.

• @xxjoseph6xx said in Suggestion:Decrease the spawn rate of krakens:

During this week I’ve been playing sea of theives loads but ive seen the kraken like 5 times so could you turn down the spawn rate?

I disagree, increase the spawn rate of krakens, and make them more intense. :3

• @d4m0r3d
    I highly recommend checking shipwrecks. Check every barrel. You can find kraken meat as well as rare fish

• @sweltering-nick

Making them more difficult and intense I agree with. Making them more common I do not. It's supposed to be a feared, but uncommon event, not a persistent and difficult constant.

• @coffeelight5545 oh truee, i never thought about shipwrecks, i do normally loot regular floating barrels for fish but yea thanks for the tip

• I have been days withiut kraken attack.

So it is nice for me. Dont down it.

• @d4m0r3d

I’m glad I could help

• @d4m0r3d sagte in Suggestion:Decrease the spawn rate of krakens:

@coffeelight5545 oh truee, i never thought about shipwrecks, i do normally loot regular floating barrels for fish but yea thanks for the tip

As @CoffeeLight5545 said: check those shipwrecks...the other day I had the rare stormfish and the rare plentyfish, both trophys in the same shipwreck!!! Rare trophy stormfish: over 16.000 gold!
    Rare trophy plentyfish: over 11.000 gold!

Views
xbox onequestion
23 out of 24