Deathmatch Gamemode idea

• So lately I've been thinking about this, and I'd say this would be a great idea to add to the game as another gamemode, like Arena. How it would work: The players spawn on an island, X amount of players depending on the size of the island. For instance, spawn ~8 players on islands like Crooks Hollow, or ~5 players on islands like Snake Island. The players get 10-15 minutes to fight and kill as many enemy players as possible, with kind of the same point system used in Arena, but only receiving points for damaging/killing enemy players. If possible, you could add X-Marks-The-Spot maps, and when you dig on the X, you receive a small amount of points, but it has to be much less than the points from damaging/killing enemy players, so the gamemode won't turn into another PvE gamemode. I would say killing someone gives one 10pts, and when it comes to damaging players i'd say every 1/10th of the health bar = 1pt. The X-Marks-The-Spot maps could probably give the player ~2-3pts per X. It would also be an idea to let everyone spawn with 5 Coconuts, or at least some healing. So when you die, you respawn with full ammo and food. It could also be an idea to place more ammo boxes on islands for this gamemode, as there will be a lot of gunfights. Personally I would love to see ~10 players fighting on K12, the Arena island in the center of the map, because there's just so much vertical difference in the island.

Views
    generalcompetition
  • When it comes to Sea of Thieves, the player vs. player interaction is really weak. If we are going to focus on a more fighting intensive mode, we should focus on ship combat. For the most part that is really solid. Just keep it simple with a last boat standing mode. Once your ship is gone you are removed. This is a time tested mode in many games. Why try and reinvent the wheel on this?

• @smaielz Wow, please go and play CoD then...

A Deathmatch Sea of Thieves style as a gamemode, ok, but not this!
    Like a "Last-Ship-Sailing" mode, always rotating with the regular mode, that would be a good addition to the game...

Edit: as @Nabberwar mentioned

• I think it would be cool to have a Capture the Flag game mode where we have to steal a trinket from an enemy ship and sell it before they steal and sell ours.

• @smaielz i dont think the playerbase is big enough, arena itself is already dead, although i think if they had it interchange with arena it would work, so each month a new gamemode would be available, not a new one, but it would swap between gamemodes. i feel like this would actually help boost the playerbase for arena, because it would become more of a special thing, players would feel more enticed to play it.

• @vicioustwist sagte in Deathmatch Gamemode idea:

I think it would be cool to have a Capture the Flag game mode where we have to steal a trinket from an enemy ship and sell it before they steal and sell ours.

The current mode is already some kind of capture the flag, just not with a teamflag but a neutral flag...

• @d4m0r3d
    arena isn't dead. I played last night.

• what about a game mode made up of a team of sloops vs another team of sloops instead of every ship for themselves.

• @vicioustwist it dies in the early morning and afternoon for me, only a certain time for me to play it. and like i said it is dead, i have to be forced to play on 300 ping servers. if it isnt dead then its in a coma slowly dying. they are running 2 dead gamemodes, they should have there be one per week and have them transition weekly.

• @schwammlgott At least Player Deathmatch would require a decent amount of skill... Arena is dying because it's just too easy to focus on PvE and camp ladders to prevent others from getting on your ship. You can't really win in Arena if you don't do PvE, because digging and selling just gives teams far too many points in comparison to doing actual PvP. Besides, it would help people get used to aiming with guns and swords, instead of just spamming cannons and spamming blunders when someone tries to board you. Also CoD is boring af lol

• @smaielz Deathmatch could be nice but without the need to dig chests, just kills and deaths counter.
    Players in the arena prefer to just go and dig chests and avoid other players its easier to win that way so if you want to keep it Arena then just death counter would be good.

Edit: but last ship standing sounds more fun.

Views
generalcompetition
1 out of 11