A few game updates (mixed stuff)

• I have been playing SOT for the better part of 2 months, and have really loved the game.

During my time on the sea of thieves, i have gathered a few ideas that could be Really cool if implemented, so hear my out.

Im going to split this into a few parts: the stuff that needs to be in the game, the stuff that would be pretty cool, and just straight up nutty ideas/ long term ideas.

Part 1:

1. A title for the box of secrets (I found one yesterday, and this bugs me now more than ever xb)

2. Some better hats. I know it’s always easy to just say what’s wrong, and not give suggestions, but I always find myself with only 1- 2 options that fit the colour scheme of my outfit. So this would be more of a plea to focus on hats over other clothing atm.

3. A free pet... cos like... keeping promises and stuff (I have bought pets btw, just thinking about those who do not wish to promote micro transactions, or do not have the money to purchase them)

Part 2 (the “cool if implemented” ideas)

1. More ship customisation. Eg. Map table (not map), quest table, mast, harpoons, etc. (+ rowboats take on ships colour when at outpost?)

2. New map marking options. This would be achieved through either different colours or shapes. In order to keep our random quests and voyage markings separate. I know a lot of people tend to just not mark bottle quests and skelly captains orders in order to not get confused. This quality of life change would get a lot more people interested in picking up and doing those random quests.

3. While on the topic of quests.... let us remove the random quests we don’t want from the wheel. They are really annoying while doing Athena’s and other quests, or put them on a completely separate wheel.

Part 3.

New map parts

1. A binary opposite to devils roar with draugrs instead of skellies, and draugr ships instead of normal skelly ships, with ice and stuff.

2. A shrouded area. The place would be discernible in the Red Sea as a slightly discolored area. This area would not have any islands visible on the map. (Introduction of light fog that only slightly discolours view, instead of completely blocking it)

Atmosphere building:

1. Coral reefs, and other wildlife. To build on the already deep and natural atmosphere. This could include turtles, dolphins, an occasional whale to hunt (that swims away until it has really low health, at that point it attacks)
      Turtles lay eggs, that can be sold to seaposts. (Occasional golden egg for achievements and money).

If you read all of it, thank you! I would love some feedback

Views
    general
  • @meemeekyu Nice ideas really, but you are asking a lot to Rare

• @ziobasi The aim is not to say: guys, you have to do this, although i apologise if my tone and word choice makes it seem as such. My intent was to propose the ideas i had, and hopefully that people could get behind them and/ or maybe Rare even think one of these to be a good idea and implement them. I am well aware that 2 new regions + a few new mobs + sea life is not something you can achieve in a month, and I assume even if everything here was approved, there is pretty much no way that this can be implemented within half a year.

• @meemeekyu
    1-1. Agree. I'm all in for more titles.

1-2. Somewhat disagree. I'm all in for more cosmetics, but every single set that has been released has included a hat, while many sets did not include a shirt. If we're focusing on one article of clothing, it should be shirts.

1-3. I'm not aware of any promises of free pets... Though I'd be for it if you could provide a link.

2-1. Agree. Can't get enough ship customization (as long as they provide no advantages).

2-2. Agree. It would be nice to have different markers. I don't think more people would do bottle quests because of it, but it'd be nice.

2-3. honestly if they just created a new icon for the bottom right of the quest in the radial for event related quests (ex. red ! with white background, red outline) it would appease me in this regard.

3-1. Agree. All for new mobs, all for new areas to sail.

3-2. More info is needed before I agree or disagree. Would this be a place for missions? would it have it's own outpost? seapost? would it be accessible to all, or would a pirate need to acquire a quest (and the shroudbreaker) to get there?

1. Agree. I'd love to see huge variations in marine flora and fauna. I'd make the eggs cookable as well, and increase their value if sold as an omelette instead of a raw egg.
  • @bactatankbill thanks for taking your time to write feedback!!!

I can’t really remember when it was, but free pets were promised near the beginning of the game. Or just put in context with the “no micro transactions policy”.

I love the omelette idea, but how would you transport it?

In regards to the shrouded area, it would be always accessible, but you wouldn’t see the islands on the map, only your ship.

About the hats.... I may have just goofed my char selection, and nothing fits.... but. I feel like most of the hard ride a bit high, or have a too thick build.

I’m really sleepy typing this, so don’t mind the spelling errors

• @meemeekyu people have suggested the idea of catching fish, putting them in a fish tank as a free pet, you could catch small fish and watch them grow into trophy fishes.

everyone wants more ship customisation, i would love different interior/ exterior designs or new ship models.

the whole romoving bottle quests seems pointless to me, all the quests have icons that clearly identify what voyage they are, and i feel like making it so you can delete them or remove them would just cause people to accidentally get rid of good voyages.

a shrouded area doesnt really fit the lore too much, we have one rn wich is called the shores of gold, you can only get there by doing the tall tale. the shroud is a mystical thing that deteriorates everything it touches, the only reason you can get there is because of the shroudbreaker wich is only aquirable in the tale. plus it is a consumable.

coral reefs and other wildlife would be amazing. and i love the idea of being able to take fish/ animal eggs to sell, maybe we could also find perls, and harvest pelt that could be sold to hunters call. these different things could come with cool rewards. like say we kill a giant crog 5 times and deliver its pelt, we unlock a crock skin suit?

• @d4m0r3d yeah, that would be pretty cool! I really like the part about skins and stuff, that would be dope!

I dont really think it would be a good idea to allow fish to grow, since rare fish are then worth like 8k more.

The thing with the quest removing is an unrefined idea, but the underlying point I am trying to make is that something could be done to prevent the quest wheel cluster bottle quest cause. Even if its something weird like providing a voyage chest/ table where quests can be deposited and re picked up. I think maybe a seperate wheel might be the way to go? maybe? xD

About the shrouded area: I have done the shores of gold tall tale, and I really enjoyed it. The main thing about the area I propose is that it is completely visible from the ship, but not on the ships map. Lore would be easy to create for it, something with greymarrow, or even some other pirate undead. This area would be relatively small, and the only difference would be that the visibility is slightly hindered by the light fog in the air, and that you cant see islands on the map.

But then again, that fur idea is really cool, and could lead to some cool new cosmetics, and cool new mechanics!

• @meemeekyu

really? i didnt know there were any fish that sold for anywhere near than 8k, most i have ever gotten was like just less than 2k, although that may have been for the small rare splashtail fish, but i had no idea fish could do that. anyways if you could grow them, it would take hours, plus if you get attacked, it could die and you could lose it, if your ship sinks you lose it, if you arent carefull it could die. idk i feel that they could ballance it, or maybe they could make them grow into their own domesticated sized fish wich doesnt sell for too much more than the regular fish.

i like the idea of being able to put quests into a barrel, perhaps a barrel that is next to the map, or quest table. that could be cool and immersive. maybe when you put a quest in a role of paper can be seen sticking out of the barrel.

ohh so your shrouded area wouldnt actually be in the shroud but in fog. the idea of uncharted islands sound cool to me, i think that would be cool, and i guess the devs could find a way to do it

Views
general
7 out of 8