Invincibility Bug and Performance Issues For PC on Arena

• This is gonna be a double thread addressing the invincibility bug and performance issues on PC.

Invincibility
    The invincibility bug is where all players on the server become invincible to sword strikes and bullet hits for a period of time. It seems like it is only an issue affecting galleon arena. It can last for only a minute or it can last the entire game. The bug has been in the game since August. The only way to inflict damage to players during the bug is by hitting them with cannon balls or now using the newly introduced fire to burn them. I've had games where invincibility lasts the whole match and I've also had games where it goes away and then comes back. I've posted two YouTube videos at the bottom of this post showing the bug in action.

PC Performance
    Performance on PC has seemed to have gotten worse with the introduction of the new update. I have experienced many substantial FPS drops of around 40-50 depending on what I look towards in arena. Since I know people will ask my GPU is an RTX 2070 and my CPU is an Intel i7-9700k. I play on rare graphic settings. My friend playing on an RTX 2080 and Intel i9-9900k has noticed performance issues as well and he plays on cursed settings. I have only noticed it in arena especially when I look at islands but also on the open sea. I only get 50-65% usage on my GPU in game. Another issue I want to address regarding performance is the main menu screen. I'm talking about the screen where you select your ship and invite crew members to set sail. My GPU usage and my friend's GPU usage goes up to 90%. My fans speed up because of this as my PC gets hotter. I don't think the menu screen should take more effort from my PC than the actual gameplay.

As stated above here are the two videos showing the invincibility bug.

Views
  • Playing on an rtx 2080 and an i9 9900k. Cant reach 144 fps consistently on cursed for arena. Used to be able to push it to 300.

As for the invincibility, there is no excuse. It has been known and reported since september and it is now november. Rare has had countless opportunities of fixing it, but instead decided the tall tale was more important for november rather than releasing it for christmas.

• Seems weird, i never had that bad of an FPS drop with a 980 and i5 9400F, lowest i've ever had was probably 60 fps with 6 galleons canoning themselves and exploding in every direction. Usually i'm around 88-144 fps.
    I'm playing on mostly cursed settings except for models loading at Rare and textures at normal.
    I would believe it could be an issue with i7+ ?

Otherwise, there is no such things as a bug in Sea of Thieves, these are all features and you are all fools and by so there is no need to fix anything in the following year or two.

• It’s obvious these videos are what happens when hackers collide... (sarcasm) 🤪

Yeah I’ve pretty much stopped taking this game serious anymore and just play to unlock new cosmetics. Also why I won’t support the game through the emporium. You start handing them money and they’ll get lazy.

It amazes me the amount of young adults and teens you talk so much smack in arena. They realize the game is not very polished and sub par for a competitive game.

• @k1lroyw4sh3r3

You mean they were not lazy from the beginning :D ? Excuse me but i dont know any game where devs have no **** given about gamebreaking bugs that exist for more than a year.

They are unexcusable at this point and this is sad considering the potential of the game.. but i guess we got pets so who cares ?

All they think about is adding more content on a broken structure.

Views
1 out of 5