Sea Of Thieves Dev's, Please Read.

• Dev's of Sea of Thieves. If you can read this, then I want to let you know that I have loads of ideas for the game that is, Sea of Thieves.

Now, we've all seen that you have been working hard to make the game as optimal, fun, competitive, and fair for those who are having trouble. My ideas consist of many topics.

Combat-wise, what if the fireball that is coming out, instead of just setting things on fire, can also be used for other purposes. Such as setting plant skeletons on fire (skeletons with plants that heal). It would burn off their plants and make them have no more healing properties. Also, if the fireballs were to be on a ship, if it is below deck and it's spreading, the smoke could cause the player's character to take damage from inhaling too much smoke, and, if they are in there for more than their health, they would die from asphyxiation, but only if the fire is in an enclosed or tight space such as being below deck.

Now, ship wise. We need a frigate in the game. A ship of a crew of 5, with 5 cannons on each side and having a ramming front, doing more damage by ramming ships than other normal ships.

Cannonball wise, grape shots and chain shots. Grape shots, being a cannonball shot that explodes into small metal fragments that damages players and ships. But you have to be close to the ship to have effective damage. Chain shots, two cannonballs chain together fired out of a cannon that are designed to tear down masts and sails faster than hitting a mast of a ship with normal cannonballs, seeing that hitting a mast with a normal cannonball is proven to be difficult for players who have a hard time aiming for the mast.

Event-Wise. Say there's a special skelly ship that is a man-of-war. But players cannot have a man-of-war. It would give more loot than a normal fort and a fort of the damned. Whenever it spawns on the server, it would bear a Reaper's Flag, showing where it is. You could take it on on your own with your own crew, or with an alliance. And it doesn't spawn in as you find it. It will be sailing on it's own as it has spawned into the map. Depending on the zone it spawns in determines the type of loot you get. To make it more obvious for players to know that the skeleton man-of-war has spawned is to have a sound que for the whole map to hear. Thus making it more clear to the players that something is going on.

Alliance wise, what if you were to make an alliance of three ships, but you want to share an Athena's or a voyage with your alliance. What if you were to conquer and divide on the voyage you have and share it with your alliance. Discuss it for which ship does which, and set out to complete the voyage as an alliance/team. Thus saving time, and making more profit off of voyages due to saving time with your alliance you have to help and profit from voyages.

If you do see this topic, please respond and be sure to take some of these ideas into consideration for future updates onto Sea of Thieves.

Views
    feedbackgeneral
  • @deadlysamuari64

I agree with your suggestions for the fireball.

For ships, I've been sitting on some designs for ships for a while now. There are two that I have that are of note here: one named the 'man-o-war', for lack of something better, which is essentially a six crew galleon, but bigger than the normal galleon (in length and width, not really any taller). It has 6 cannons per side. The other ship is the one I've named the frigate, a four-masted, 8 crew monstrosity with 3 decks and 8 cannons on each side, 4 on the top deck and 4 on the level beneath. The holes the cannons point out of restrict their view and firing arc, but also somewhat protects the cannoneers. These holes also very quickly sink the ship once the water reaches the upper deck, due to being huge openings going below the waterline. Of note is that alongside the 4 masts (arranged like a galleon's but with an extra mainmast lacking a crow's nest between the foremost mast and the original mainmast), there are two 4-person capstans. The ship will be less responsive to one anchor being dropped, not slowing or turning as much as it would with both, and drifting somewhat. It could turn, albeit slowly, while one is down.

Grapeshot and chainshot are what the cursed cannonballs seem to represent already. Actual grapeshot and chainshot would likely become obsolete.

• A ramming ship wouldn’t be a frigate. A Frigate is traditionally a fast and powerful vessel that wouldn’t stand up in a stand up fight against a Ship of the Line. I would rather see a Razee myself. (A ship of the line that has the top deck removed. ) It’s a fascinating design.

• @deadlysamuari64 said in Sea Of Thieves Dev's, Please Read.:

Combat-wise, what if the fireball that is coming out, instead of just setting things on fire, can also be used for other purposes. Such as setting plant skeletons on fire (skeletons with plants that heal). It would burn off their plants and make them have no more healing properties. Also, if the fireballs were to be on a ship, if it is below deck and it's spreading, the smoke could cause the player's character to take damage from inhaling too much smoke, and, if they are in there for more than their health, they would die from asphyxiation, but only if the fire is in an enclosed or tight space such as being below deck.

Isn't this still insider info?

• I imagine fire bottles would be effective against all of the skeletons - it can possibly burn the leaves of plant skeletons, melt the gold off of gold skeletons, light up shadow skeletons, dry out TT skeletons, and char regular skeletons. Perhaps we'll finally see a new skeleton type, and one that might be resistant to it?

• @bactatankbill said in Sea Of Thieves Dev's, Please Read.:

@deadlysamuari64 said in Sea Of Thieves Dev's, Please Read.:

Isn't this still insider info?

1. If you didn't sign the NDA, you have no obligations to remain silent, technically speaking. :P
    2. I think the cat's out of the bag already, mate:
  • @bactatankbill
    No, it is not.

• K. just making sure no one was going to get in trouble for this

• @deadlysamuari64 i like all your ideas, other than the whole standing in smoke and taking dmg, i mean maybe if it makes your charecter dizzy, like they could make it like the drunk stumbling animation, just without the hiccups. but i mean i feel like the ships might burn too quick for you to take dmg from the smoke, i feel like you would already be taking dmg from the fire itself. but the whole getting dizzy from smoke is pretty cool

• @d4m0r3d I think blurred vision would be a cool feature.

• @galactic-geek ohh damnn bro, that is a good idea, maybe not melt the metal off them, but make them weaker. i love the whole lighting up shadow skellies, burn the leaves of plant skellies, and char regular skellies making them weak. really cool idea, and then maybe they could add co2 skellies?? idk wet skellies? merm skellies? idk it would be cool though if the fire does make all skellies weak but a new and more fearsome skelly has arisen due to natural selection and evolution lol. any new enemy is a cool enemy

• @d4m0r3d

Some form of molten skeleton, possibly in the Devil's Roar as well, which is immune to fire. Of course, the huge falling rocks and the force of the geysers in the Roar would still hurt them, but they'd be immune to fire.

• @ultmateragnarok yea a skelly that is covered in molten lava/ fire, it would basically be a gold skelly only its immune to fire, water would weaken it, but not too much

Views
feedbackgeneral
1 out of 13