Ship customisation

• Could we please, please, please have the ability to be able to edit the layout of a ship? For example; the ability to change the positions of cannons so we could have more on one side or maybe where on the ship they are situated, the ability to move storage barrels and map table to make navigating a ship faster during a fire fight?

Maybe even changing crew sizes do that a sloop could have a crew of 3 instead of 2, a brig could have a crew of up to 4 and a galleon a crew of up to 6 as some people have more than 2 or 3 friends who want to play at the same time and the servers are rigged so friends cant join each others servers easily.

And while I'm on the subject of ship customisation, why not make harpoons customisational, even if it's to match what cannons you choose and why not have it so your row boat is the same as your ship?

And the last idea I have. Why can't we name our ship? It could be set so that when you create your pirate you choose your ship name so every ship there after has that name and if you join another crew it will have the crew captains ship name...

Views
  • @highland-stag I could get behind the ability to move the layout of supply barrels and maybe even guns. But bigger crews already have an advantage over smaller ones, adding more players will just make that even worse. Especially since adding more crew to the bigger ships let's them be sailed effectively while still having multiple crew members boarding smaller ones.

• @highland-stag

Moving items to make things more easily accessible during a fight is a progression advantage, Rare won't have it. They're where they are for a reason.

Crew sizes are fine. The ships become pretty much unsinkable with more crew, as they're balanced around having the amount of crew they have to do what they need. Rare tested this, it did not go well.

Harpoons, rigging, railing, lanterns, all of it needs customization options. We need more of this kind of thing, it's the main progression of the game. As for rowboats, I quite like how they are now. They're found randomly, not given with the ship.

Naming the ship would be nice, it's coming 'soon'.

• @ultmateragnarok you have a point about the supply equipment and ammo crates being part of the ship balance. But moving them is in no was a progression advantage if everyone has the ability to do so.

• @william-flint

If everyone has the ability to do so, then yes, it is not a progression advantage. I assumed that like all other 'cosmetic' or similar suggestions, various layouts would be unlocked through commendations and progression.

• Being able to move barrels could throw off ship balance. However it would be nice to be able to set the customization if for no other reason then to complicate things for boarders. Would have to be done carefully though

Strong no to crew size changes

Ship naming has always been a good idea

• @ultmateragnarok how about swapping them then? So you can have cannon balls where the wood is etc.

I get the whole balance thing but it's theres a balance issue in pvp when PC and xbox players go head to head with the aiming etc.

• @highland-stag

I think that overall the barrels are fine, but that's just me. As for actually moving them, by all means, let people do it, as long as it doesn't let you block off areas of the ship or move items to give you an advantage. Also, let's not bring crossplay into this right now.

• @highland-stag a sloop with a crew more than 2 would be extremely over powered, just think who would win in a brig, v sloop battle if both teams had 3. the sloop has the advantage, easier to repair, smaller, and more manuverable. their is a reason it is capped at 2 players. this being said, i like the idea of being able to move cannons and barrels, it sounds cool and next gen. and holy moley i wish we could name our ships

Views
8 out of 9