Let's THWACK this candy wide open!

• Okay, so we have a lot of game franchises from both Rare and Microsoft represented in the SoT through cosmetics:

1. Banjo Kazooie
    2. Perfect Dark
    3. Killer Instinct
    4. Halo
    5. Gears of War

But there's still so many that are missing. For example, some fans are asking for Battletoads (which is undoubtedly on its way with the release of its new game), and we still don't have a representation of 1 of the biggest games of all time - Minecraft. ⛏

My personal favorite goes to Viva Piñata, a vastly underrated game - who wouldn't want paper maché sails!? 🎊

Can you imagine having shovels or buckets from either Minecraft or Viva Piñata? I think that would be AMAZING! Picture wielding a diamond sword, or digging up bait with VP's shovel that look like tiny piñata worms! The VP bucket could look and be animated like a watering can! Can you picture a pirate with a watering can!? 😂

...and let's not forget about a certain foul-mouthed squirrel! What if you could get 1 as a pet!? 🐿

Thoughts? 🤔

Views
  • Oh i got viva pinata on xbox360 and it turned out to be so funny and crazy i was breeding animals like i dunno what a weird game i loved it 🤣 yeah i would buy a viva pinata boat it makes sence they can destroy it and get the loot 🤭

• Snake Rattle and Roll
    Devil's Triangle

• Rare has 007. A skeleton version of Odd Job as a figure head would be funny.

• I will start by acknowledging that I should stop being such a grumpy old man, but I don't understand why in a pirate game anyone would want to go around with ships that are obviously branded with other games stuff. At least most of them don't look out of place...unlike the halo one with it's awful space men.

If they wanted to make special sets for release there are plenty of historical pirates whose stories they could have based them off of, many of whom had their own unique flags that could be used as a starting point artwise.

P.S. get off my lawn.

• @inboundbomb said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

Rare has 007. A skeleton version of Odd Job as a figure head would be funny.

Rare don't have the license to 007 anymore

• +1 for that Squirrel. Huge fan of that game! Great idea.

• How about Space Invaders and Pac Man. Wouldn't that be super cool???

• @realstyli said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

@inboundbomb said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

I figured that might be the case... 😢

• @letslipthedogs said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

How about Space Invaders and Pac Man. Wouldn't that be super cool???

Yes, it would, but I think we're keeping this discussion limited to Rare + Microsoft titles for the time-being, since those will be the most likely to happen given the current trend.

Oh well.....

• @galactic-geek I would love to see Conker's Bad Fur Day cosmetics in general, but what i really want is the theme song from that game as a shanty. That would make me so happy, to be able to play the theme song from that game on my banjo.

• @xix-zeno-xix Are you referring to the over-world theme? I looked up what you were talking about and that's what came up - if so, it's pretty catchy. 😙🎵🎶

• @galactic-geek woah bro paper mache sails, calm down dude thats way too good an idea to be an idea

• @promotordj said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

+1 for that Squirrel. Huge fan of that game! Great idea.

Conker is too busy starring in the occasional lonely tech demo every few years to model for SOT cosmetics.

• Back in the original days of Xbox (2003), i loved a silly game by Rare called Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Anything from that game would fit onto this..

• @galactic-geek yes or the main theme that would play when traveling around the Barn area of the game or whatever. But yea I had it as my ringtone for the longest time. :)

• @galactic-geek yep love the ideas mate I hope they're added soon

well that's sad I wish they still had the license to golden eye

• @closinghare208 said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

@realstyli said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

well that's sad I wish they still had the license to golden eye

Goldeneye? No. 007. Yes.

• @needsmokes said in Let's THWACK this candy wide open!:

Back in the original days of Xbox (2003), i loved a silly game by Rare called Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Anything from that game would fit onto this..

That was a fun game! I never did beat it though...

• Other titles from Rare worth a bit of time in the sun:
    Wizards & Warriors ( and Ironsword: W&W 2)
    R.C. Pro-Am
    Marble Madness
    California Games
    Donkey Kong Country
    Blast Corps
    Jet Force Gemini
    Kameo: Elements of Power

P.S. Rare has been one of my favorite companies since the O.G. Battletoads, even though I didn't realize the same company was behind some of my favorite games until Goldeneye came out.

• @bactatankbill DKC is already represented by the Killer Whale figurehead. 😉

• Ahoi.
    The whole game reminds me on DKC... barrels, palm trees, bananas...
    🤩

• @galactic-geek Whoa good point... That could certainly be a sculpture of ol' Enguarde...

I honestly just want to see a cannon skin that makes them look like the barrels in DKC lol

• Hearkening back to my youth, I would love a cosmetic set based on Sid Meier's Pirates from 1987.
    I know it is not Rare or MS, but the 16bit cosmetics would be hilariously out of place in this world.

But perhaps inappropriately out of place for this game.

• @galactic-geek ok then I wish they still had 007

Views
1 out of 27