The one house auction

• So i was talking with this pirate lady about the game and she told she would really like to buy a house? She actually said she had almost 14 million gold and would use it to buy a house?

https://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/w830/public/field/image/2018/03/sea-of-thieves-banana.jpg?itok=WJ5Xx13g

Like its not much what can you expect right?

But okay, if there was this one house auction would anyone be willing and able to pay more then 14 mil? 🤯

Views
  • @i-aarr-friendly I'm confused...

• This sounds like the coastal housing market here in Florida!
    Land developers have moved into SoT!!!

• @i-aarr-friendly the streamer pace22 has like 25 million

• @d4m0r3d

Waw that is so much?!
    This game could really use some economie.. soon everyone is a millionaire

• Arrrrgh. Holy Klabautermann! Walk the plank! Double hook arms ye have that ye can't press th' search buttons, ye pirates?

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/96167/dumb-idea-just-here-for-discussion/6

**Quote: "For everyone asking for a personal room and stuff. This made it to the list for a reason, it sounds like a good idea until you actually play it then realize it takes too long to get to a ship and people would muck about with their rooms forcing others to wait."

Funny, but off topic, is this, too: Gimme XP for beeing here.**

• @i-aarr-friendly I currently have about 14 million in I'll gotten gains I'd be willing to buy me a house in this game.

• @i-aarr-friendly

I'm in! BUT, I can only give you $13 million and 6000 doubloons!

SOLD!

• Waw well its just a fantasy so far but if they would make it they only need like 24 houses on a server? Maybe it could be your start point..
    I dont know if i had so much hard earned gold maybe if there is nothing to buy i would too buy a house even if its just silly🤔

• At my current state of wealth, and current SoT in game prices, I can afford a second hand tent.

• @butterybarnacls

Lol me would have just a place besides a campfire..

Could be funny if its like that and you can upgrade it.. looking at the different houses you would get a picture of how wealthy a server is 🤓

• @d4m0r3d Pace is dead will killed him repeatedly last week.😂

• I have 15 million plus to invest but I'd rather just kick in your door and steal your loot.😁

• @i-aarr-friendly lol no but if they let me buy some sort of ultra personalized ship i may do that

• @goedecke-michel why was that personal room idea a shpoo idea, it actually looks really cool to me, like their is a room above the tavern, but the stairs to it are broken. i wonder why it was a shnitzal idea???

• I have a home - it's called my boat. A houseboat, if you will. The best part? I take it with me wherever I go.

• @galactic-geek

I always sleep on the sloops roof it looks soft enough but for cooking i still prefer the campfires on islands..🤔

• @galactic-geek wouldnt it be nice to have a real home to sleep in though, a place where your fam resides, pirates have families too, its not like they can go one every adventure. sure you are living in a mobile home on the seas, but what about ya fam, what about when your voyage is over

• @d4m0r3d

I estimate galactic to have 9 million and he's hoarding it in this boat thats sailing around somewhere 🤑

• @i-aarr-friendly said in The one house auction:

@d4m0r3d

I estimate galactic to have 9 million and he's hoarding it in this boat thats sailing around somewhere 🤑

Sorry, but I'm a big spender. Last I checked, I only have ~30k.

• @galactic-geek

I have more im at 60k now 🙃

Must admit this pirate still walking in coloured underwear but im going for some serious shopping soon 🤔

• @d4m0r3d said in The one house auction:

@galactic-geek wouldnt it be nice to have a real home to sleep in though, a place where your fam resides, pirates have families too, its not like they can go one every adventure. sure you are living in a mobile home on the seas, but what about ya fam, what about when your voyage is over

Family? Yeah, I had a family... Once. I was an honest trader, who drifted off course and found his way into the sea of thieves. Haven't seen them since, and have had to do what I had to to survive and continue to make a living. Now the only family that I have left is my crew, and the gold that keeps me going. Will I see my family again? Perhaps. But will they remember me? Will they recognize me? Will they still love what I have become? No, I think not. My son Jim will have to live on without me, taking care of his mother at the inn and carrying on the Hawkins name. They will have to continue loving me in spirit, as I now continue to love my gold in their stead.

• @galactic-geek

Oh tjeez losing family dont get me startet im in a world of pain 🤕
    I was living at my dads place when mom got remarried so i wend over to make them a party with the cake etc.. it was great until i got back home and kicked out and yelled after on street i was no longer his son... 😖 it was the start of my solooping career and it explains why i turned a little goofy 🥴
    Ok im off catching some bone fish to buy a shirt 😏

• @d4m0r3d sagte in The one house auction:

@goedecke-michel why was that personal room idea a shpoo idea, it actually looks really cool to me, like their is a room above the tavern, but the stairs to it are broken. i wonder why it was a shnitzal idea???

That'll be on the tweet. The players stayed in their house, bragged about their possessions and barely made it to sea. The time it took from the start of the game to seafaring was so long that Rare did not install it and destroyed the stairs to the apartment in the tavern.

• @galactic-geek aww mate, i feel sorry for your family, perhaps if you could own a home on an island in the sea of thieves they wouldnt have to go on without you. my family, i still care and provide for them, little bobby is still only young, how could i abandon him, ofcoarse the sea calls to me though so i spend most of my time as sea on voyages, however when those voyages are done i would love to spend as much time as possible with them. (LOL) if only i too could have a home in the sea of thieves, a place for me and my family to call home.

• @goedecke-michel honestly mate, that sounds stupid, are you telling me every single day, they stayed in their home base for hours?? every day, sure maybe the first day it comes out id expect that, but it was that much of a problem???? i mean either way i dont care, if players wanna spend time in there sure do watever, i may not understand how they could be entertained for so long in their everyday, but sure if you wanna do that why not. i mean why remove something because people enjoy it TOO much? kinda sounds silly to me, but idk i guess player base was tiny back then, but atm i think its like 8 million players (idk if this is how many people own the game, or play it concurently, i doubt its the amount of people playing it concurrently their is no way) idk i feel like a way to solve the issue if its about the seas being empty, is to have the door out of your house be a loading screen, that way when you are in your base you are not in a server, and when you are out of it, thats when you join a server. with this method, being in your home you wont take up a server slot.

• @d4m0r3d Lol, but it doesn't matter if that sounds stupid to you. It was early in the game and didn't work as expected. It was removed. There's a link to the top 10 of bad design ideas that didn't make it into the game for the reasons mentioned. Read ahead and find the description why it was removed.

F.e.:

"For everyone asking for a personal room and stuff. This made it to the list for a reason, it sounds like a good idea until you actually play it then realize it takes too long to get to a ship and people would muck about with their rooms forcing others to wait."

• @goedecke-michel "it takes too long to get to a ship and people would muck about with their rooms forcing others to wait." nothing would be forcing anyone to wait, they can catch a merm, and im honestly wondering how long it is that people spent in their, and how many days they would do that, cause seriously, maybe the first day it comes out i would stay in their for half an hour, but every other day wouldnt i have already experienced it, untill i have money to buy upgrades, or achievements to place around their. either way what i said about the room being its own server would fix this, so you dont join a server untill you leave the room. idk i feel like its dumb to write something off that was soo early in developement. i mean im sure poo tons of good things were bad back then, i mean look at the damn graphics. lol the whole speel about being forced to wait, he even says himself "Pre-dating the warp to ship, your crew could leave the tavern and sail without you, leaving you stranded! The licence showing and bottle pouring were great, though" thereby showing that things can change and things may work in future updates. like i said, its silly to write something off like this. especially when it seems to be soo good that people love it too much lol. most of all the replies to the tweet i read are about how cool the idea is LOL

• As is now, I sometimes spend too long at an outpost or trying different cosmetic options, so I can definitely see why it would've been an issue.

One time, I spent 3 IRL hours with 2 other adult guys just playing dress-up (no joke) in the hold of our galleon while trying to find a 4th crewman. We even tried on the dresses and came up with some great themes!

• @galactic-geek

A town to shop could be a nice sot app for on mobile 🤔

• @galactic-geek so whats wrong with that though, as long as you are having fun enjoying the game, plus could you imagine how funny that would be for a random crew to rock up on. either way i dont see this happening to many people on private islands, and i feel like that would still be more likely to happen at an outpost even if private islands existed because people would want to look at what they can buy. idk all im saying is please let us test in on insiders, give us private islands that we can buy for 5 million, 10 million, and 25 million, let us display achievements like kraken tentacles, and meg jaws, or proper trophies or something. they could even add new stuff to the game like collectables that are only usable at your home base, like maybe you find a random record around the map, and you can bring it back home to your base and now you own the record. or maybe you find a book and it gets added to your home library. idk i just feel like private islands would make the game alot more fun. and there are ways to prevent people from spending too much time there, i mean it doesnt even need to be a server attatchment if you know what i mean, make it a lobby thing, that way the people in there arent taking up server spaces. i mean cmon @Galactic-Geek you cant tell me it wouldnt be cool to have a home base where you store all your achievements. imagine you had a safe room, and its filled with gold. that would allow for mad bragging rights, and it would remove the feeling of man whats the point of even doing quests for gold, i got nothing to spend it on, well with a private vault it would be like oh damn man 20k that will look nice in my vault, i wonder how long till its filled to the roof. cause atm i litterally just give away fort loot. i really dont care for money, cause i mean what am i gon do with it???? lol but anyways SOOO many people love the idea of private islands, so at least let us test it out, if it doesnt work out, if people dont like it, then sure ok remove it. i know they tested it back pre alpha, but alot has changed, and like i said in a previous post, alot of the issues are probs stuff that automatically wouldnt exist anymore because of other stuff they added

• @d4m0r3d

Yeah buy this nice small island for 5 mil and choose a house 2-10mil to build on it and buy adds like a small harbour 5 mil and a pond for 2 mil.. extra flowers 1 mil , choose furniture 1-10 mil... a vault to dump the rest..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbKy-x5UQAAAhxT.jpg
    For the sake of the neverending grind let them invest in this little lonely island i think its totally worth it.

Views
14 out of 32