Tall tail FATE OF THE MORNING STAR is Bugged and will we every see the SHROUDED GHOST Meg...

• I love this game and think its amazing to play but when trying to do the FATE OF THE MORNING STAR Tall tail for the 3rd time, it bugged on us as after we dig up the sarcophagus and obtain lantern and made are way to Old Faithful Isle. We pull out our lantern and there was no footsteps to follow and we discarded the quest and re-picked it up, re-logged and it was still bugged for us. Also it makes us sad that we hunt for many month now and have never seen the SHROUDED GHOST Meg, it's very hard to get achievement completed, if the content never shows up in the game. I understand that is supposed to be a rare spawn but to have only been seen one time, in the history of the game being out is a bit too rare. I would be very thankful, if you can raise the spawns just a little bit, so we can get our achievement completed please. Thanks for your amazing game.

Views
  • @dragonperial have you read that book for the tall tale thoroughly ? Because it has another island where the tale can take place instead of old faithfull, krakens fall. I am guessing thats where it went wrong.

The shrouded ghost is extremely rare yes, but i have seen quite a few people with the title so...

• Yes, I have read all the books of the tall tails, krakens fall is a place were you also may get told to got to get the dig up the sarcophagus and obtain lantern, I have done the tall tail with the book saying both ways.

• @dragonperial

According to Rare, 11 Shrouded Ghosts were defeated in one day. It's rare, but you can find it. I've seen many people with the legendary commendation for defeating it 5 times, you can get it once. As for the tale, you may simply not have the footprints appearing. You should still be capable of discovering the keys and chests, if you really want to.

• @UltmateRagnarok
    No, the one key that the guy throws off into the water is not in the water, So even if we found them all We would still be short one key.

• @dragonperial the sarcophogas can be on krakens fall, but the rest of the tale can also be there (i.e. The part where you follow the footsteps)

• Forgive me @CallMeBackdrafT you was right there is a part that will put you to krakens fall. We just found a guild that show how to do it that way. https://rarethief.com/sea-of-thieves-the-fate-of-the-morningstar-tall-tale-guide/ @UltmateRagnarok I still think that the Shrouded Ghosts is too rare and If it was seen that many times in one day someone would had hit twitter with that. Also people would make videos about seeing it, I know if I ever see it there will be a video or pic of me seeing it. There is people that play this game 10 to 15 hrs a day and never seen it. Thanks you all for all the help.

• @dragonperial

Take a look at the XBox Sea of Thieves community feed, there are always a few screenshots and game clips of it being there. Thing is, most of the ones defeated are also with people who don't record it to broadcast to the world. It's a .1% chance if I remember correctly, reinforced by those 11 defeated in a day being in just over 11000 megalodons. It's all RNG, you could never see it at all or you could start a new character and see it on your first day.

• @dragonperial wierd, the sarcophagus was on marauders arch for me, and the footprints took me to krakens fall. are you sure you arent just reading the book wrong, you know each time you do it you get a different one that may take you to different places. you probebly do know this, but ya always gotta make sure ya know

• some weeks ago i crossed a guy who had the title shrouded ghost ,i play everyday sot 2-4hours sometimes more sometimes less and never seen the shrouded ghost or an ancient skeleton.its sad fate of the morningstar is bugged but in that case i would just watch a walkthrough on yt you could see the digging spots ,this tale has no variations on the island/s

• I like it being very rare as it adds a layer of mystique about it, wish rare would add more stuff like this, I been playing on and off since release and I have never encountered it and I am cool with that.

• I have same issue, I have lantern and on kraken falls I find 2 guys at camp fire. They turn to run but freeze and no foot prints are in the sand. I am stuck. I can use Guide to find other ghosts but I cant do this Tale

• @gooberbob I have quit and rerun Fate of Morning Star and I have same result. Get lantern and then no foot prints... it sucks. Reported to rare but no solution

• @gooberbob Hey there, please note that resurrecting very old threads is not permitted. Please refrain from adding posts to threads older than 1 month old as this is considered necroing.

A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 15