• There are a few areas I feel could use some TLC after all these updates.

1: Increase ammo to 6 bullets, With the overall damage reduction to all weapons guns and swords PvE elements health has remained the same. This means blue mermaid statues have from from 3 eye of reach shots to 4, Gold skeletons can now take a whole round of ammo and still not die due to bananas and now they are healed more from them and we can no longer interrupt their eating. When the game first launched you choose 5 ammo as a balance point. All these changes to combat have been made for the sake of arena and they have negatively impacting PvE, not by a huge amount but still noticeable enough for those of us who have been playing since day 1. I love lvl 1 quests and messages in a bottle 3 swings or 1 shot/1 lunge through a skeleton feels so satisfying while fighting higher level skeletons doesnt feel challenging just tedious and that level of tediousness has just grown the more you have buffed the skeletons.

Now that you have weapon swapping on skeletons maybe giving them limited ammo like the player so they have to swap to sword this will allow more tactical combat with skeletons as you just need to deplete their ammo rather than just facing 6 gun skeletons with infinite ammo.

2: Double if not triple ship starting supplies, maybe even start every ship off with 1 storage crate. When the game first launched you didn't have to stock your ship, while most people did and stocking is still ideal at launch you could just drop a voyage and leave the outpost, you had enough wood to repair your ship if you hit a rock or island. Megs & skeleton ships didn't exist, kraken was a much more rare encounter, wheel, capstan, masts couldn't take damage, kegs weren't randomly floating in the ocean.

All these additions to the world have made the world feel more full and eventful but it has made draining the outpost of all supplies pretty much mandatory. For example if I simply wish to go sail around looking for the shrouded ghost I can't just login and go, I may start with enough canons to kill a meg but I wont have enough wood to repair through the damage and more likely than not i will get a skeleton ship or kraken on me shortly after logging in.

3: Supply Barrels - Sorry bananas but no one loves you any more, considering the healing of bananas is half what they used to be you had us start with this specific amount of healing, would be better to start os with coconuts as in arena as it heals what bananas used to. Also for those of us with OCD it would be nice if the canon barrel and food barrel had all its supply in 1 barrel vs multiple as the first thing i do on every log in is move all normal canon balls to 1 barrel the others are for cursed and the food barrel i just move all the useless bananas to the top and use the bottom for worms and meat. And small request would it be possible to make it so when we take items from a barrel it goes from right to left? when you get a few hundred wood or canon balls it looks nicer the have all full stacks then be tacking from the smaller stack on the end.

4: Ship livery favorites - Can we get the ability to maybe save a favorite ship set? I prefer playing with the torn sales as they give better visibility but now having bought every cosmetic the game has to offer it has gotten kind of annoying dressing up the ship I find myself more often than not only changing the sails so I can just go since I have to spend so much time as it is stocking the boat in the first place.

5: Sloop pet cage - While I like the placement of this cage it is worse than when the shelf used to be over there hiding the holes on that section of the ship. I find myself constantly unable to repair because the cage is there instead of a quick run up to hold and start repairing you gotta turn a bit. Very minor complain but consider you moved the shelf due to player request I don't think its too much to ask for a minor tweak to the cage. perhaps something even as simple as reducing the cages hit box so that the viewing angle of the hole doesn't need to be so specific to start the repair.

6: Voyages - Could we get a second voyage page where we can put voyages on hold or save them to avoid accidentally putting it down or deleting it? This request is mostly for those of us still holding onto gilded voyages and assuming you will be adding more later it will get to the point where our voyage logs will be full as we are saving them for specific moments or for friends to return to the game. The ability to delete bottle quests is still something highly sought after but supposedly that's being worked on? Also requested by someone on a live stream in the past X'ing out dead skeletons on a order of souls page would be neat.

I think most of these suggestions are pretty reasonable and nothing is really game breaking. I find there is a lot of worry about balance for the sake of PvP which even without arena is a huge part of the game but the foundation of the game is still PvE and that has suffered from all these changes.

And while some people might think some of these requests are small and insignificant I would like to point out the changes from launch. Shelf on the sloop moved because the draping cloth hid the holes you would need to repair, the ammo box used to be directly under armory chest so many times in the heat of combat you would go to get ammo and just open the weapon locker so they shifted the box to the side, the bell on the masts used to be off to the right instead of the front of the mast causing many players to ding the bell rather than grab the ladder to climb up to the crows nest. When they added the inventory system simply walking upto barrels you wouldn't know if they were empty or full you had to manually open each one. Voyage wheel used to be sorted in order quest was obtained so if you had 8 messages in a bottle for example and started an athena all 8 athena quests would be on page2 rather than page1. All of these are very minor changes that were made for quality of life. I think its just been a long time since we've had a good quality of life update a bit of TLC can go a long way

Views
  • @magus104

Ammunition is fine as it is. The EoR is the only weapon to suffer a damage nerf, or a damage change at all for that matter, and it was only by 5 (from 80 to 75 damage). Mermaid statues regenerate when not taking damage, skeletons' health varies, and gold ones have always been very powerful, especially when not in water. Nothing's changed among them.

Ship starting supplies are fine. If you want to get on and search for something, you have to prepare for other threats to get in your way. Increasing it on launch incentivises server hopping, if anything. You have to deal with the seas, which have become more dangerous, and stocking up your ship is a part of that. Draining the outpost should be mandatory, unless you have another way to get supplies quickly.

Starting out with bananas isn't a problem if you stock up your ship. I too organize the barrels, with cursed cannonballs separate to normal ones, and fruit being seperated from meat and bait. Bananas have their use - you can use them to heal up if you make it back to your ship while damaged, rather than wasting more valuable and powerful fruit on small injuries (or even large ones, since 5 fill your full health bar). Take the time to organize your ship and find roles for obsolete things, rather than asking for Rare to do it for you.

If you look at the voyages you have, you don't have to worry about accidentally placing down gilded ones and the like. As for bottle quests, removing those would be nice, and crossing out defeated captains (it's even shown in the Wild Rose tall tale chapter) would be a good cosmetic thing.

• Actually, I think all of these a great ideas, and I agree with your reasoning behind each, as well.

For the starting supplies, it's not that big of a deal, and most of my crews are pretty seasoned and know to loot the outpost before we set sail.

The only thing I really disagree with is starting with a supply crate - I like that these are something you happen upon and it's a nice surprise from the game.

• No, ammo is fine. No shortcuts.
    • The stock on a ship is fine for a short run, while your out you grab supplies. No shortcuts
    • I like bananas and prefer them myself. Less or not it still heals.
    • #4 So far I like this one.
    • True true.
    • Pay attention? Maybe, No? idk personally never had any issues. But I myself do have....3 pages of voyages from saving them. Idk if anyone else does

-Cheers

• Yes to the bird cage, and yes to cancelling bottle voyages. Everything else seems ok as it is.

I also ocd the cannonballs and food, like this: Fruit in top barrels, banana, coconut, pomegranate, mango, pineapple in that order. Hunters call in bottom barrel. Grubs also go in the bottom barrel until all types of fruit are in top barrel. This makes depositing supplies fractionally faster. It also increases cooking efficiency and selling hunters call is a little faster, supply crates kinda nerfed this though.

Bananas are great for minor healing. I use them when fighting skelly ships/megs. If i take splash damage, i'll eat a banana while going to bail or patch. Also good for filling fruit crates.

Save the good fruit for tougher island missions and forts. Save the pineapples and hunters call for pvp.

• @magus104

I totally agree with your point on starting supplies. Stocking up is simply a chore.

Views
5 out of 6