If you could do 3 wishes

• By now im getting curious about a 3 wishes topic if everyone could do just 3 wishes for fixing his or her game?

My guess its mostly crossplay, melee fighting, loading times ?

My own would be to seperate merchant voyages, fix melee fighting, do more balanced event updates

But it could be interesting to see what is super important for others?
    If you could change 3 things what would you choose?

Ill try to categorize the data a little from almost 40 pirates doing 3 wishes they consider important. More details are in the comments ill just try to list it a little to get a bigger picture of the results.
    Please correct me when i forget something or made a mistake 🤓

• voyages
      5x Freedom to choose voyages even lower ranked.
      1x pl tall tales
      1x bounty system
      1x more pl athena progression
      1x balance update voyages also coop
      1x better riddle rewards and high level voyage rewards
      2x arena fleetbattle match
      1x brigs for arena match
      1x checkpoint tall tales
      1x remove level caps factions

• lore or new stuff
      1x sloop shrubbery
      1x skelly minions
      2x pl exclusive content
      3x complete the cosmetic sets
      5x more enemies merfolk or human ai
      1x cat
      2x map area artic
      1x less babysit mechanic stuff like feeding pigs
      1x clothing badana vests shirts
      1x dye ship cosmetics
      2x single emote purchase
      1x pirate jewellery
      1x revisit ship skin and parts
      1x more flags for wind
      1x turtle island
      1x pets screaming when shot from canon
      1x barrel 1.0
      1x small solo sloop
      1x private island
      1x turtle as boat
      1x minigames table in boat
      1x duel practise ability or range.

• game mechanics

• matchmaking mechanics
      4x crossplay opt out
      1x remove crossplay opt out arena
      1x arena matchmaking
      2x lock crossplay topics
      1x pve servers
      1x close arena

• fix mechanics
      8x bugfixes
      2x loading times
      3x netcode optimization
      1x fix banana hotkey
      1x fix source of problems
      1x australian server issues
      1x fix kraken wrap brig entrance
      1x ability to turn off all music
      1x ability turn off island titels

• combat mechanics
      4x fix hitreg
      1x balancing combat
      7x fix melee combat
      1x better option to avoid emergent monsters
      1x kick function
      1x boarding netting
      3x more weapons
      1x improve powerfull skelly fights
      1x better fort captains
      1x retract ladders
      1x option to hide in barrels
      1x buff game difficulty

Views
  • @i-aarr-friendly

1.) Bugfixes: The game is a buggy mess and plays more like a beta than a finished game. I am almost sure that poor performance is also due to bugs and not due to technical limitations.

2.) Crossplay opt-out: The reasons for it have been discussed in many threads.

3.) Balancing: Natural balancing to spawncamping and similar problems.

• @i-aarr-friendly

1. Loading times.
    2. Netcode optimization.
    3. More wishes :D
  • @foxdodge
    More wishes🤣

What is netcode optimalisation? Like better support connection or servers to cover regions?

• @i-aarr-friendly Netcode wikipedia

• @i-aarr-friendly said in If you could do 3 wishes:

By now im getting curious about a 3 wishes topic if everyone could do just 3 wishes for fixing his or her game?

My guess its mostly crossplay, melee fighting, loading times ?

My own would be to seperate merchant voyages, fix melee fighting, do more balanced event updates

But it could be interesting to see what is super important for others?
    If you could change 3 things what would you choose?

1- infinite gold
    2- infinite doubloons
    3- infinite ancient coins

1. Ability to choose lower level voyages
    2. Fix combat
    3. Remove kraken and emergent skelly ships.
    1. Pirate Legend Tall Tales
    2. Ability to choose any previously unlocked level voyages to go on
    3. Findable skeleton minions that repair your ship, cook your food, and angle your sails, but die easily.
    1. PL exclusive content
    2. remove crossplay opt out from arena
    3. arena matchmaking
    1. Bug/exploit fixes.
    2. Melee fixes.
    3. Complete cosmetic sets for older sets and mast/cannon/capstan/wheel recolorings on older ship hull options.
    1. Bugfixes.
    2. More enemies
    3. Bounty system
    1. Fix Hit Reg.

2. Fix hit reg.

3. Fix hit reg.

Do this and I am a happy man :)

• @i-aarr-friendly

1. Fix hit reg
    2. Fix banana hot key
    3. Start locking every crossplay or xbox vs pc thread.
  • 1 Hard cross play opt out
    2 pve servers
    3 more types of enemy's other then skeletons

• 1)Navy/Human AI
    2) Ability to actually kick people from closed crew instead of just brigging them
    3) A new map area (arctic/somewhere besides the shores of gold)

• @tak225 Every server is PvE though, are you talking about making private servers for people?

• @i-aarr-friendly
    1: smoother flowing melee combat.

2: boarding netting to make boarding ships more dynamic and challenging. It would be up to crews whether to put it up or have it down. To get through it you would either have to shoot holes in it with cannons or hack at it with a sword.

3: Sew up arena in sail canvas, put some round shot in there, and dump it overboard never to be seen again. What a waste of time and resources that could be better spent fixing and adding content to the game people actually bought. I dont care that Rare is desperate to break into esports, or that some people can only wrap their minds around an arena style game. Kill Arena dead.

1. Crossplay Opt Out.
      -no joke, nothing else is as important to the continuing survival of the game.

2. Blade and single firearm selection only.

3. Further reduce hipfire accuracy and increase sight in time for the EOR, it's still the "everyrole" gun. Increase the damage if you want, make it a one shot, but make it require being legitmately sighted in, and still.

• @i-aarr-friendly

1. Allow us to choose the level of a voyage

2. More progression and variety for Athena’s Fortune

3. Complete cosmetic sets before adding new ones

• I would say I am not sure I could limit this to 3. But I will try.

1. Stop "balancing" combat, revert to original with a real fix for double gunning.
    2. Rather than dividing player base with opt-out, how about real fixes to balance game play between platforms/input devices.
    3. Bug fixes need to be found and implemented as soon as a fix has been found.

and because this one is important enough in my view to add it.
    4. Balance the monthly updates so that they actually include an occasional event that requires cooperation between crews, rather than adding more ways to try and trick or encourage more PvP. While I love PvP, some of the best times I have ever had in game were during forced cooperation events like Hungering Deep, or Cursed Sails (when skelly fleets were not complete push overs). Those cooperation events led to some great new friendships, and had so much uneasiness to them that it added excitement for that as well.

1. More weapon options, melee and guns.

2. Better servers, ping is horrible which contributes to the already bad hit reg.

3. Focus on fixing existing bugs like the arena wait times, blackscreens and equipment not sticking, rather than "new" content.

1. The reduction of babysitting mechanics i.e. feeding pigs, cooking, boat repairs and wheel during storm, chest of sorrows
    2. Greater yields for higher level GH and Oos quests(no more one chest/skull islands and riddles are guaranteed cursed chests)
    3. Arena fleet battles
  • Thnx for the input so far im really surprised 🤓
    I was expecting totally different wishes. Bugfixes and hitreg are way more important then i imagined and im surprised to see more pirates wishing some voyage freedom to pick a voyage they like even lower ranked ..
    Refreshing to see i got a different picture from everyday hot forum topics and ongoing discussions on some problems🤔

• @I-aarr-friendly

• Expansions to the map, and perhaps ship counts with them
    • Improvements to powerful skeletons, beyond simply increasing health (and especially not increasing damage)
    • Fixes for the source of problems instead of temporary solutions (skill-based matchmaking option, fixing the server-platform communication, adding stun timer to firing a gun rather than equipping it, that kind of thing)
    • Bandannas (a variety of colours and styles)
    • Vests (a variety of colours and styles)
    • More Shirts (along with more open jackets)

Yeah, that's right.

• @i-aarr-friendly
    1.fix bugs(hit reg, blackscreen, etc.)
    2.checkpoints for tall tales
    3.finish all cosmetic sets/add more

1. Bug/exploit fixes (honestly I would personally like it if sword was mandatory but that is just a personal thing and doesn't really make sense)
    2. Combat fixes. Personally I want every weapon to be even more deadly and op, but only when you are top tier skill wise but implemented in a way so that "skill" isnt exploiting.
    3. The ability to dye ship cosmetics, or if that isn't possible a white ship cosmetic set with blue outlines.
  • @i-aarr-friendly
    I would wish for:
    -Duel wielding swords (replace 1 weapon slot with secondary sword)
    -a spear to shove away pesky sharks lol
    -new and exhilarating phenomenons upon players ships while sailing
    (Undead merfolk warriors randomly attacking and climbing the sides of your ship as you sail along, causing holes and drops your anchor from below, fight your way out till their merfolk captain appears on deck then collect the merfolk captain skull after defeating the horde, raise anchor and be on your way.)

Third one is self explanatory but the others I just wanted to see how fighting would go with using 2 swords, like using 2 takes away sword lunging, but replace it with a nice spin attack that uses up the same amount of stamina lunging does.

And the spear one I just want so I dont have to burn through either ammo or foods just to stay alive in the water longer. Maybe make it to where you can find a spear somewhere and bring it onto your ship and use it when you go in the water. An item that has a limit to how many times you can use it before it breaks.

• @i-aarr-friendly

1. Optimization

2. Bug fixes

3. More optimization

xD

1. That those who would change the core of the game so that it would better suit their lack of ability, or segregate players to eliminate perceived advantages because they believe they are better than they are and need justification for their self defined "top tier" player status, all in spite of the game being clearly described for what it is and having purchased it of their free will, should all just play the game and enjoy it.

2. A cat.

3. A nice shrubbery for my sloop.

• Great question OP, kudos.

1. Single Purchase on all Emporium Emotes
    2. Pirate Jewellery
    3. Revisit of all Ship skins. Include styles for Barrels, Masts, Rigging, Decks, Railings, Living quarters etc.
  • @butterybarnacls

1. That those who would change the core of the game so that it would better suit their lack of ability, or segregate players to eliminate perceived advantages because they believe they are better than they are and need justification for their self defined "top tier" player status, all in spite of the game being clearly described for what it is and having purchased it of their free will, should all just play the game and enjoy it.

I was trying to figure out how to fit that into my list, but couldn't word it as well as that. Good one.

1. A cat.

Rare, why not? You have the models and whatnot.

1. Crossplay opt out across the entire game
    2. Lower level voyage selection
    3. Australian servers and ping counters on Xbox, to help determine server location
  • @ultmateragnarok

I imagine a cat harassing the other pets 🤣 my cat would love a parakeet or two

• @i-aarr-friendly

Pet-to-pet interactions in general would be great. Especially if they were dynamic - depending on their pirate's actions, they'd have different personalities, and interact differently with other pets. Say the pirate spends a lot of time fighting other players, the pet would do the same. Or if they spend a lot of time sneaking around other player's ships, their pet would largely attempt to avoid others. Alternatively, a player who sails alongside other ships and fights alongside other crews would have a friendlier pet.

Views
1 out of 61