From the XBOX player with 600+ Arena wins.

• @sweltering-nick Thanks for the reply.

I was simply making a point that, even with the absolute best set up you can accomplish on xbox, it is still not nearly as good as even a less than average pc. Which your statements agree to. I was simply debunking your argument that xbox people just need to get a KB/M, that is not the end of the story and in no way corrects the disparage's. So thank you for agreeing.

I am very much looking forward to Scarlet. I can only hope that SoT survives long enough and stays strong enough to where I can try it out on Scarlet.

• @nofears-fun
    https://i.gyazo.com/9bd0b70de7f1938d453290e1c461b54a.png

If Project Scarlett somehow is RTX capable as well, consoles will have successfully made PC's obsolete. O_O

Oofsies... xD

It's gonna be exciting to see what they have in store for the finished product! :)

• @d3adst1ck said in From the XBOX player with 600+ Arena wins.:

@inboundbomb said in From the XBOX player with 600+ Arena wins.:

@d3adst1ck said in From the XBOX player with 600+ Arena wins.:

@chonky-lemon said in From the XBOX player with 600+ Arena wins.:

@d3adst1ck

Apparently theres a controller that lets you use macros for 200$ and Im not sure how quick it would be banned from Xbox tho.

Afaik MS bans consoles who use those external "cheating" devices really quick tho, especially if they are using xbox live.

The site I'm looking at is a device that is $70 US, plugs into your controller and spoofs the hardware ID. Its not detectable since the console thinks its a regular controller. There are posts on The Division subreddit from a year ago of people complaining about this device.

Among the features advertised on the website:

Use your favorite gaming controller on almost any console (Yes, that includes Xbox One Elite Controller on a PS4 console with no lag and working paddles!) The [REDACTED] supports all versions of Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PlayStation TV and Windows PC. It will even work on Android devices like the Nvidia Shield with a simple OTG cable.

Our powerful [REDACTED] scripting language gives both beginners and advanced users the ability to run millions of mod combinations on your controller without any special chips or messy soldering. The [REDACTED] Library contains thousands of free, ready to use scripts for the very latest games.

The [REDACTED] allows you to remap the buttons on any compatible controller. Remap any button, d-pad, analog stick, bumper, trigger or paddle.

With a single button press you can have the [REDACTED] perform a sequence of button presses or actions. It could be a simple macro that turbos a button when it is held to an extremely complex macro which performs a 99 hit combo in your favorite fighting game.

Some of the scripts in the script library do things like reduce recoil (by moving your aim automatically after pressing the fire button), perform complex bunnyhop moves, trigger long button combos for fighting games or doing things like dolphin dives in shooters. The real kicker is that it comes with game packs which are a set of scripts pre-configured for specific games. Included in the default set: Sea of Thieves.

Macros are definitely possible, and currently in use, on consoles.

@Nucl3ar13 @D3ADST1CK @Sweltering-Nick Unfortunately they are a bannable offense and can can not only get your xbox live account closed also have your system locked out from ever being used online again. Microsoft will use a hard lockout on your operating system so you will have to purchase a new account, system and give false information to get back online to play let alone repurchase all the games that were all digitally downloaded. Xbox players risk a chance to lose everything they own.

They are a bannable offense on PC also and people can have other games, hotmail/outlook account, software licenses, etc... tied to that account. They have just as much to lose, and yet people still do it.

Funny how the goalposts have moved from macros being "only possible on PC" to "XBox users won't do it because there is more to lose". There is ample evidence that there are XBox users willing to risk that.

Not a goal post being moved, just a fact that PC can get by a little easier and is more accepted in the PC gaming circle using those items. Microsoft doesn't allow them on their platform, period. Always been this way since day one of xbox live and the OG xbox 9 years ago. Accounts banned, Xboxes turned into paperweights and a lot of people got upset because they got caught cheating. If you were caught with a simple lag switch you were banned. Microsoft carried a big hammer against cheating on their service and didn't discriminate. I'm not saying that there are no cheats or anything for the xbox but people either are stupid or have a loads of disposable income to do such things.

• This section of this forum is really the only place people are allowed to persist with this nonsense.

A partisan anti-PC thread like this on reddit gets shut down very quickly.

That says a lot about what the player base in general feel about this topic.

You have to ask yourselves, why is it that Reddit, is such a comparably wholesome place with screen shots, stories, interesting discussions and here on the Official forum, it's the same handful of people starting up the same arguments over and over.

Is that good for the game, the community, the future of this forum? Is this being done for the benefit of SoT?

We've had nearly two years of this now. This is a topic that has literally plagued this community for far too long. When are we going to stand up and say enough is enough?

I feel like this place is having the life choked out of it by this endless circular argument. It's completely unreasonable. What can Rare possibly learn from the 786th thread on this topic that they haven't learned by now? Nothing, there's nothing left that hasn't been said by either side.

Logically therefore, another anti-PC thread isn't being made here to promote discussion or to raise new points on the topic. So what is it for then? What's the purpose? To me the only motivation for starting this thread is to sow division, to cause arguments and to single out people from the PC platform for abuse.

And that's it for me. I've had enough. You see the same people warned over and over, but they never seem to get anything other than a warning. The same threads, the same arguments, the same bigotry, the same lies. Different week, different month, different year.

These forums are the only thing that's actually dying and we all know why.

From now on I'll be sticking to the game itself, reddit and the insiders forum.

• @sweltering-nick said in From the XBOX player with 600+ Arena wins.:

@nofears-fun
    https://i.gyazo.com/9bd0b70de7f1938d453290e1c461b54a.png

If Project Scarlett somehow is RTX capable as well, consoles will have successfully made PC's obsolete. O_O

Oofsies... xD

It's gonna be exciting to see what they have in store for the finished product! :)

A controller is what will be there. Still no K&M coming with it so it is another console with Netflix and hulu account built in. LOL

• @sweltering-nick said in From the XBOX player with 600+ Arena wins.:

@inboundbomb Why are you replying to me? I haven't told anyone to use macros or illegal hardware...

Just simply telling people to get a Keyboard & Mouse, which definitely isn't illegal, otherwise Microsoft themselves wouldn't have released the software update to make the Xbox compatible with those to begin with.

Anyone using macros and/or scripts is a cheater, and that is unacceptable, end of story.

Accidently tagged you. Sorry.

• @inboundbomb K&M will continue to grow and they are cheap and if it's a game you're heavily invested it, it's worth the purchase.

• As this thread has run its course, and has descended into personal arguments and veered a tad off topic it will now be locked. A general reminder to all, please avoid engaging in personal arguments and derailing the topic of a thread.

Views
183 out of 184