anyone else think a one man ship would be cool

• @dislex-fx I believe it is solo that was put in the game as players wanted it. Rare's intent was to play with someone.

Sloop was meant to be duo. We just found a way to use it well solo.

• @d4m0r3d I know why the rowboat's not a solo boat, but that's not the point. In any case, it only takes 1 person to use it - everyone else is just a passenger.

• I have seen an uptick in Brigs. Still the seas are vastly dominated by Sloops and I wish they would share some stats as I feel the increase of Brigs is solo’ers as well!!!

• @galactic-geek yea well with that logic, the brig is also a solo boat

• @glannigan adding a smaller one man ship could help diversify the seas, we could see alot less sloops

• A good, quick overview of the vessel in question:

• @butterybarnacls lol honestly when i first thought of the idea, i thought of dragon ball, when goku, or am i thinking DBZ kid gohan, anyways when one of them makes a boat, literally this boat, and they start sailing the seas. that was the ship i thought of when i was like damn wouldnt one man boats be cool. if they could fit a cannon to the back of this, and a harpoon to the front, with some storage boxes inside for bananas, planks and cannons, this would be my dream solo boat. even if this was added as a boat like a row boat that you can find stranded on the shores of islands i would like that, but if they do that i would still hope for a solo ship, one that you can spawn on. otherwise it doesnt really feel like your boat, ya know what i mean. i still wish we could name our ships.

• @d4m0r3d said in anyone else think a one man ship would be cool:

@galactic-geek yea well with that logic, the brig is also a solo boat

Actually no - just because you can solo it doesn't mean that it is a solo boat. The rowboat CAN'T be controlled by more than 1 person, so it IS a solo boat, unlike the others, all of which can be controlled by more than 1 person.

• This has been suggested before by many including myself but sadly it Nevers gains any traction :( . The anchor takes a bit too long for a solo player in PvP situations and the layout of the boat isn't good for repairing or grabbing food in the same context. I think it would be cool to have a circular platform for the single cannon where it can swivel 270°.

• I think they should have sails that you can attach to a rowboat.

• @galactic-geek ahhhh well then now you agree with me that the sloop is not a solo boat. and now i will argue your row boat point; i want a solo boat that i can spawn on, store stuff on and play on all day, rowboats are not that fun and all they have is storage. im hoping for more, like maybe storage a voyage bench and a mini map table. the essentials, so i guess we dont neeeed a map table but it would be cool

• @viperishemu2992 that would be alright but idk how you would steer it, it would probs turn extremely slow wouldnt it?

Views
46 out of 47