Sunketh when unprevoketh!

• It's a normal day in the seas, lad.
    Me sails a'turnin', me wheel a'spinnin', me flag a'wavin'.
    Me's and my crew pulled up to an outpost like any other, daggertooth or some similar estranged location.
    Oh, didn't I say?
    We'd just got a bunch of the ol' chests for that ol' slender feller over at the gold 'oarder. We anchored our boat 'close as well could, well tight, an' we began unloading like any other feller on 'ese open waters.
    Must'a got a hefty profit on that one, aye.
    With the new inclusion of pets, me an' me crew went to that emporium. Funny ol' place, tha', the birds an' monkeys jumpin' aroun' like they're ain't no next Friday, ya hear?
    I's wanted to look for a monkey, so I got 'un right away an' continued up to the roof of that fine establishment, up a barrel or two.
    View's 'mazin', see the sun over the sea, like some ol' diamond or doubloon. Me sloop's dancin' away on the waves, then I's sees these rather estranged fellers up on tha' big ol' brig of there's.
    Ain't no time in my life since I jus' watched, you hear? Jus' saw the lunky ol' fellers stri' up like it was 'igh noon, right up to me ol' ship.
    I weren't planning on stayin', you know, so I's just looked onward as he started unloaded their cannon fodder.
    Chain shots, I tell ye! Chain shots, over an' over. Must'a wasted a 14 cannonball or so. Right pieces of work, they. Ain't like I's was angry, sad or nothin'. Was about to go retire for a grog or two 'til this happen'!
    Ends up tha' brig strides right back out of the dock, right out ta the sunset, they do. Left me poor ship just a'sinkin', poor girl sunk down an'a never came back up. Sunketh when unprevoketh.

I's truly see this' world changin', for better or fee' worse.

Views
1 out of 1