I knew better!

• It was a fairly normal night on the seas. I had made a brig incase someone wanted to join me on the waves (Unfortunately, no one did).
    I was looking for some fun and noticed a skull fort in the air.
    I continued towards it and arrived with little resistance.

When I arrived on the island I decided to sink my ship to avoid any issues from others while I completed the fort (Yes I had High Expectations lol).
    I completed about 7 or so waves and was doing well....
    Then I noticed a sloop coming towards the island fighting a sleleton sloop... To the right I noticed a brig coming in hot.
    I took the opportunity to took on the fort and watch them fight it out.
    They did fight and the sloop was victorious. They didn't even stop on the fort!
    I died and had to take my boat back to the fort (Only a few waves left).

I took the chance to say Hi to the sloop as it sat at DaggerTooth Outpost. They were surprisingly nice guys, we laughed about the fight they had with the brig. (I take the mermaid back to my ship that was ghost sailing towards fort)

As I arrive back I noticed a galleon docked up there and an other on it's way in. I had left a row boat on the shore of the fort incase of emergency or victory.
    I get on the island by shooting out of my cannons and land next to the Captain.... I hit him several times and he perished. I grabbed the key and took off in the rowboat..passing the other galleon as it pulled up on the fort.
    I hear the cannons and gunshots as I row away. I make it to Cannon Cove and stash the key.
    I get my ship and notice a NEW FORT!

I recover the key and decide to use the old key on the new fort and the take new key to old fort, once activity around it slowed down.
    "The ole Swap Around".

I use the old key on the new fort and load all the loot. I start fighting the skellies and think to myself "You know, I bet some new people would like this loot. Maybe I should open the crew up to randoms". (I have been PL 10 for a while now).

I open the crew up with about 3 waves left on fort.
    Sooner than later 2 people join up.
    (NateDawgTX and LoneRider01)
    (I am going off memory but pretty sure the names are correct. I am still pretty mad lol...anyways).

They join and drop sails, leaving the fort I am currently doing. I stop them and explain situation, I ask if they can hear me (Verbally) and they say Aye!.
    We get out act together and finish the fort. I grab the key and explain I am going to take them to "The Old Fort" to grab the loot.

I get on boat and set sail with the key stored below deck.
    I am steering towards "The Old Fort" when I black screen.

THEY BRIGGED ME LOL!
    Yes, they brigged me and then got hit with a skelly ship.
    I watched the water flood in and heard the cannons pelt our ship.

I pleaded my case in chat (Text) and Verbally. Explained The key situation again. Pleaded some more... And asked to be Un Brigged.
    The boat sank at some undisclosed location( Lossing both the fort loot but also the "Old Key").
    I load on the island next to the boat, They voted me out of brig!
    I was like "Ok guys where did we sink!?"... Then black screen again.

Yes, these geniuses brigged me again.
    I am upset that they screwed me out of 3 hours of work. I am upset they trolled me for absolutely no reason.

Then I remembered why I never open the crew up to randoms.
    A 3 hour and 2 fort loot lesson learned.

I thought I would share this with you, Mostly to get it off my chest.
    Look out for these 2 stooges mentioned above.

Utterly disappointed.

Views
  • @thievingink2425 damn that is a tough lesson, but better learned with 2 regular for loots then 2 fotd.

I raise my grog to you for giving open crews a chance, i never do it because of the absolute numpty’s you generaly find there.

Just fyi, naming and shaming is not allowed on the forums so i would redact the names if i where you

• @thievingink2425 first: better delete the names of these guys from your post, name and shame isn't allowed
    Second: NEVER play with randoms, if you already have plenty of loot

• Rando's are a mixed bag of goodies. Some are sweet and some are rotten.

I appreciate your good intentions. But in the famous words of Ann Clare Boothe Luce- "No good deed goes unpunished!"

• You were, Mutiy upon! in split second the new crew took over thy ship. Oh what fury.

As stated, remove the names. Or change them to Skippy1 and Skippy2 for humor purposes.

Views
1 out of 5