Lost Pirate

• One of those stories you tell everyone else, but forget yourself. Crewmate brought this one up and recalled it clearly.

During the early days of Sea of Thieves, spending hours grinding away for loot and rep just to rank up the only three factions. I wanted to try something I hadn't heard anyone doing yet.

Spending a chunk of two hours sailing the sea, doing gold hoarder voyages and finding random items on the beach. On a sloop mind you, it was a full ship of treasure but I didnt want a random pirate to see and sink the ship. I wanted to make it more of a fun encounter....but it become a hassle when realizing I have no way to signal pirates to me.

You see I sailed to Devils Ridge, because it had a nice cave and so I dropped everything I had inside, sorting it nice and neat then just waiting....waiting for some random ship to appear.

You see I wanted to appear as a marooned or shipwrecked pirate, left to either die or go mad with that one pistol.

Luck would have it, a random Galleon was heading my way. Waited inside the cave with all the shiny stuff, along with a normal skull I had before, part of the role.
    As they raised sails and dropped anchor, the four pirates walked the beach, mic on. (Goodie) they ran the other direction of me, so I sat still and turned my own mic on. (before the speaker) began talking to myself. Hoping they hear my distant voice, sure enough they did.

"Hello" one pirate said as all four appeared closer to the cave and all stopped.
    "Oooh thank the heavens! Fellow pirates, and I see you got a ship. You have no long I been waiting here for someone to appear."
    To be confused would be understandable. The four just stood by the cave, not yet noticed the loot yet it seems. So I was standing before them with a skull in hand and speaking in a manner that wasn't normal. I continued.
    "Dear Fred aren't you happy, these people came to...what was that? Oh heavens no, they aren't here for the treasure....are you?" I said
    The four moved forward and saw the loot, a grand loot of two hours worth. Soo many chests. They seem to gather I was serious and like good sports, offer to help a pirate out.
    I told them I just needed to head to the nearest outpost, and if you happen to be cheerful, some grog? Of course they gave me the okay. Leaving the cave and heading to the ship, all four following.
    They asked questions, how I got there, why I was there, who was...Fred and such. I gave them a story of such. Found this buried treasure but a bad storm made my ship sink and thus washed up, I been there for....Months. But good old Fred kept me company. (Even added in a few jokes on how friendly Fred was. You do the math)

Anyways, after more talks and getting drunk. I offered them a deal. If they allow me on there ship and sail to an outpost, they can keep the Loot.
    At this point they could of easily killed me and take the loot nonetheless, or...play along?
    Well...what happen?
    They went along. Spending a couple min together, picking up and dropping chests onto the galleon. Talking among ourselves and me just 'glad' to have met some good pirates to help this poor one.
    Once everything was loaded, set sail. We drank, sang and danced. Fred was brought up many times...but in a silly way he was lost... (On purpose) "FRED!! nooo come back!!" I planned to wait until they got close to an outpost and just jump overboard to swim after Fred...but they quickly dropped anchor and waited for me.... sniff sniff.

Quickly on the ship we sailed again, at this moment I was a little lost on what to do but continued to play the role. Once we arrived, as agreed they sold the loot and I didnt move from the dock. Just talking to Fred, moving to the tavern later. After everything was sold we gathered in the tavern to dance and drink more. Fred was accidently sold.
    After awhile, (It was a hour+) I told my new found pirate mates I must be off and bid them...farewell. Taking out my instrument and playing a special song. PL tunnel opens and...I walk down....to the shock and "ooh dude! he a PL" Logoff

You never know. The next pirate you meet might just reward you for just playing along. Enjoy the seas.

Views
  • @burnbacon nice story

• Excellent!

Views
1 out of 3