Can someone please explain stunlock and blocks to me?

• Hello fellow pirates!

Stunlock in SoT gives me quite a headache and is nearly every time the reason why I die.

As far as I am aware, as soon as you hit someone with the cutlas, they get stuned for a small time and this can be kept up for 3 consecutive hits (3 slash combo). Same with beeing blocked or missing, as it introduces the cooldown before you can hit again.

What happens to me a lot that i hit someone directly, but this person doesent get locked and just manages to hit me back instantly and stunlocks me. I've also had some situations where I got froze by another person, just for them to hit me 5 consecutive times without me being able to move or do anything else.
    Same with blocking. I can block an attack without the other person geting the cooldown and they just imediately hitting me back.

Are there any tips someone could give? I would really like to improve in regards of this aspect.

Views
  • @mikehit00

When players say stunlock they don't mean action wise, they mean movement wise. You can still eat, pull out weapons, shoot, the whole shabang, you just can't MOVE from that spot you are getting lit up in.

You get a more severe stun lock being hit in the back though. I think the issue is when the sword goes through the body even though the person is facing you and is clipping the hit detector on the back.

Sword mechanics used to stun lock the person from action as well when the game first came out, which was good because if you were good with the sword you could take on a whole crew of swords with your own sword. Not so much anymore.

Views
1 out of 2