Searching for Sea of Thieves info Stinks

• Guys... Lets just say I hear from a friend that an event starts sometime soon about dble xp and gold. Logically I want to know more and I want to go to the source for accurate info. Only there is none..or you have to dig and dig to find it. You would think that if you went to the SOT homepage you could easily find out info like this. But time and time again I am disappointed.
    Ex1) The event starting tomorrow. Someone said well they tweet it out. Twitter is for announcements. Its not for Hey I need to find out more inforation about this.
    Ex2) Insiders program rewards. The most accurate up to date list of rewards and when you get them that I could find was WIKIPEDIA. Come on guys. Searching google per say only brings up the original chart put out before cannons were even part of the discussion. Why not have the detailed info about the game on the website? ok rant over. back to pirating.

Views
  • @rooted79 The Ghoul and Glory event was mentioned in the weekly Dev update on the 23rd (video linked to the correct time )

If you want to see info on the Insiders Program you can see it here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/insider

• @triheadedmonkey sagte in Searching for Sea of Thieves info Stinks:

@rooted79 The Ghoul and Glory event was mentioned in the weekly Dev update on the 23rd (video linked to the correct time )

If you want to see info on the Insiders Program you can see it here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/insider

This ☝️

• His point is fair, though. The weekly dev updates aren't posted to the main seaofthieves.com website. Hell, they're not usually even stickied in the subreddit for hours, if ever.

The Ghoul and Glory event was discussed at the end (~3:12 of a ~4-min video) of the weekly dev update on the 23rd, and then not referenced again until today (5 days later).

Even the current/most recent Fort of the Damned update isn't mentioned anywhere on the main site, despite having a massive "News" carousel that's currently stuffed with "Creator Crew" highlights.

The insider rewards have been like that for a long while now - it just comes across as lazy.

• The event was discussed in the weekly dev update which is posted on the SoT website, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter... and posted separately on these 4 platforms as well as the video.... just, the official game website and the three largest social media websites in existence...but nah it’s totally obscure and nobody can find it.

#facepalm

• @triheadedmonkey
    To your point exactly. Let's say I missed the Dev update which I did.
    Is their goal really for you to go back and watch dev updates until you find the one that gives you the information you are after? My point is that logically anyone looking to find out information about this event or another event or whatever, logically they are going to go to the sea of thieves website to try and find it. Dev update videos and twitter posts are poor ways of creating and documenting an FAQ about an event or the game.

I went to your link for the insiders and I was impressed that it tracks my individual week. But there is no chart as to when to expect each reward. The only chart you will find is the initial one with only 3 items of the boat listed. Again Wikipedia had a much more complete one.

• @peteloaf777

Yea go to the website and try to grab a link to information regarding the event. You didn't even go their homepage before posting your comment. Someone unfamiliar with how they do things is not going to be able to easily navigate data.

Because I went to the site and looked at the 3 or 4 news items at the bottom. NONE of them reference the event or dev update videos that might mention the info I am referring too. I then clicked ..get this.. "ALL NEWS" and neither dev videos or the event that comes up tomorrow is mentioned.

So you are saying a company's twitter post is a great way for a person to find a FAQ page for an event that they don't know the name of? LOL you have to be joking. I didn't even know the name untill the person stated it above.

Do a little research before you bashing people!

• OP's right, RARE needs to improve its communication streams. Nothing excuses negligence.

If I were a comms manager at RARE and I wouldn't see my customers being informed and notified in every possible way, I'd be kicking someone's azz right now. You can bet, I'm comms manager in real life.

• @peteloaf777 said in Searching for Sea of Thieves info Stinks:

The event was discussed in the weekly dev update which is posted on the SoT website, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter... and posted separately on these 4 platforms as well as the video.... just, the official game website and the three largest social media websites in existence...but nah it’s totally obscure and nobody can find it.

#facepalm

ANOTHER EXAMPLE. NOTHING ON THEIR WEBSITE ABOUT THE GEARS OF WAR SET GOING OUT STARTING TODAY. I ONLY GOT 2 ITEMS SO I WENT TO THE WEBSITE TO FIND OUT IF THERE WERE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OR PIECES GIVEN OUT ON DIFFERENT DAYS. AND IT ISN'T MENTIONED.

• @rooted79 I found out about the Gears of War set by being subscribed to their Youtube. All you need to do is start up a ship and load in. You should've gotten the Sails, Figurehead, Hull, and Pennant Flag. If not, just raise a support ticket. You have until the 22nd of November to obtain them.

• Could be nice if outpost got some townfolk with the latest gossip tips and tricks and a post it sign with a ingame wiki and faq

• mate honestly all it takes me is to open my browser to google, and type SOT and whatever it is im looking for and kaboom, multiple sources telling me exactly what i want to know.

in conclusion, i recomend using google, not bing or yahoo, they stink

• @d4m0r3d rather use duck duck go as my searches don't get sold to others.

Views
11 out of 13