Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.

• I've been trying to download SOT from the store without success for the past 2 days. I have tried literally everything. It just hangs on downloading...
    https://i.imgur.com/0L00vFR.png
    https://i.imgur.com/M6hPdbR.png
    https://i.imgur.com/z2p7KXQ.png

Please read the following carefully before responding.
    I have tried literally everything, as I will list what I have tried.
    I'm going to point out that after I tried everything, I reinstalled windows (4 times) trying to troubleshoot different things, but I noticed that the first reinstall, I tried downloading it immediately and it managed to download 1.52gb and went to 0kb/s and hung on downloading again.

Things I have tried:

1. Clearing the cache (10+ times)
    2. WSreset.exe (30+ times)
    3. Windows update - everything is updated in Win10 1903 https://i.imgur.com/ZHBw3N5.png
    4. Services - Turning on Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Windows update automatic, etc etc. https://i.imgur.com/VBF1KrT.png (10+ times)
    5. CMD and Powershell commands (10+ times) Registering, rebuild, etc
    6. Watching 10 youtube vids on how to fix this. Nothing works.
    7. Reinstalling windows 10 (4 times) first time managed to get the game downloaded to 1.5gb and it died off.
    8. Windows update and store troubleshooter (10+ times)
    9. Turning off antivirus (5 times)
    10. Using a VPN (3 times)
    11. Using a different DNS server (5 times)
    12. Adjusting date and time.

And nothing works. This store is non-functional and should be removed as a platform. I have problems with literally nothing else. Origin and steam work fine, everything else runs fine and downloads fine, except this store. So I'm unable to play the product I purchased because of this store and there is no fix. So nice, enjoy my $30.

Views
  • @borges1091 Have you tried downloading it from the Xbox beta App?

• @x5h3ar3rx Yes, the problem is I need to install the xbox beta app through the store, which doesn't download. https://i.imgur.com/mW7UHeC.png

• @borges1091 said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

@x5h3ar3rx Yes, the problem is I need to install the xbox beta app through the store, which doesn't download.

Damn!! I thought it was just SOT that was the issue here.. that sucks! I'll have a peak online and if I find something you have not tried I'll be back

• @x5h3ar3rx said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

@borges1091 said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

@x5h3ar3rx Yes, the problem is I need to install the xbox beta app through the store, which doesn't download.

Damn!! I thought it was just SOT that was the issue here.. that sucks! I'll have a peak online and if I find something you have not tried I'll be back

https://i.imgur.com/X8RBezC.png lol, so ironic. It's ok man don't go crazy, but I appreciate your response.

• @borges1091 said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

@x5h3ar3rx said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

@borges1091 said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

https://i.imgur.com/X8RBezC.png lol, so ironic. It's ok man don't go crazy, but I appreciate your response.

No problem, got some down time.. Is there a way to log on and try and download it from a browser and not the store app itself?

• @x5h3ar3rx I don't know of any 3rd parties to download it from

• @borges1091 Hmm?
    I know you've tried almost everything but on a last chance perhaps try the first step from here about changing the date and time: https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Fix-Microsoft-Store-Downloading-Problems%3Famp=1

• @borges1091 I remember I had issues with installing SOT insiders a while back.. I signed into the Microsoft Store through my browser online and hit install from there and that opened the store app and it started downloading.. worth a try!

• @x5h3ar3rx Tried, nope. Also is there way to reobtain your license key for the game somewhere?

• @x5h3ar3rx Tried it, forgot to list it

• @x5h3ar3rx So wait, if I manage to install the xbox app, is it possible to download SOT from there and not the store at all?

@x5h3ar3rx So wait, if I manage to install the xbox app, is it possible to download SOT from there and not the store at all?

Yup.. that's where I downloaded mine.. not sure about the licence key sadly

• @x5h3ar3rx said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

@x5h3ar3rx So wait, if I manage to install the xbox app, is it possible to download SOT from there and not the store at all?

might have an idea but id need to reinstall windows again lul.

@x5h3ar3rx said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

Try it!! I believe lol I want to hear a happy ending after this re-install

I'd have to reinstall and start DL immediately and hope it finishes. How big is the app?

I'd have to reinstall and start DL immediately and hope it finishes. How big is the app?

Not big at all.. should be a quick download

• @borges1091 Xbox (beta) is the name

• @x5h3ar3rx thanks

@x5h3ar3rx thanks

Hopefully this works.. let me know if it does!

• No suggestions from me... but, keep trying, and Good Luck!

If you get it working, do tell us how.

• @surveyorpete nah. Trying this last thing and I'm giving up. Not wasting anymore time on it. I don't even think this Will work cause Xbox app needs to install windows 1903 first since my disc is 1709

• @surveyorpete

@x5h3ar3rx thanks

holy s*** it worked. https://i.imgur.com/imsYDup.png

I didn't need the store at all to install the xbox app whereas before i did. So i reinstalled windows 10 1709, immediately updated to 1903, then immediately installed xbox app, and it worked. 10 YT vids with 50 suggestions don't work but this did. Ez workaround. Just sucks reinstalling windows. Microsoft store needs to be purged from existence.

• @borges1091 Thank you for bringing up this issue and verifying a fix. I recently bought a separate copy of SoT for a different computer (family member) and had the same exact issue this past week (Microsoft Store is terrible and riddled with bugs).

• This ain’t tech support and I feel like if I even try to post something to assist you your gonna yell at me.

@surveyorpete

@x5h3ar3rx thanks

holy s*** it worked. https://i.imgur.com/imsYDup.png

I didn't need the store at all to install the xbox app whereas before i did. So i reinstalled windows 10 1709, immediately updated to 1903, then immediately installed xbox app, and it worked. 10 YT vids with 50 suggestions don't work but this did. Ez workaround. Just sucks reinstalling windows. Microsoft store needs to be purged from existence.

Damn.. A huge nightmare all together, but I'm glad you got it working in the end.. See you on the seas you deserve a warm grog from the tavern 🍻 🦑

• @oran-of-urz no problem. No reason this should even happen. I'm glad I found something to help someone having this problem because it's ridiculous.

• @glannigan said in Microsoft store is non-functional. Unable to play this game that I paid for.:

This ain’t tech support and I feel like if I even try to post something to assist you your gonna yell at me.

Thing is, tech support doesn't even know how to fix this issue. They don't even know how messed up the store is, so yeah I'd probably yell at you lol. Everything tech support suggests does not work, so eventually they'll stop emailing you and you're down 30 or 60 bucks. It literally took me 2 days of troubleshooting and my own idea to fix it.

• @x5h3ar3rx yeah finally enjoying it. Played it 6 months ago and hated it but this new update is pretty good.

• sadly the hitreg is just as bad when I quit which is why I quit, guess I won't be playing it much. Dude tanks 4 sniper shots on the harpoon and another guy tanks a blunder point blank climbing up my ladder, no thanks lol. Can't believe it's not improved at all.

Views
1 out of 30