GAME CRASHES WITH ERROR MESSAGE " VIDEO DRIVER CRASHED AND WAS RESET! MAKE SURE YOUR VIDEO DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE"

• After about 5-40 min of playtime with no issues, the game will crash and I will receive this error message. i have tried updating my video drivers to the latest version via the geforce experience as well as the geforce website to no avail. I have also tried using previous driver versions and rolling back my drivers which proved fruitless as well. I have reset my games app data, uninstalled and reinstalled the game more than once onto both my SSD and HDD, and tried almost every variation of graphical settings both in game and in the NVIDIA control panel. None of this has worked and I restarted my PC after each of these attemps, only to be given around the same amount of playtime before it crashes. No matter what I do I cannot resolve this issue and there is no known solution to it on the internet or forums. Please if you have any ideas about how to resolve this error code and stop my game from crashing I would appreciate any info regarding my problem.
    PC SPECS:
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor (16 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Views
  • I feel you man i have the same issue i did try everything don't know what to do now.

• Sounds like the end of the masta race to me.

• @glannigan what a waste of time you are

• Did you try several nvidia driver branches? There are different branches, one for studio, one for gaming. Furthermore, you can decide between WHQL, DHC and others or use beta drivers. To confirm the type of system you have, locate Driver Type under the System Information menu in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

I run this game with no issues on my Ryzen / Nvidia set and will have a look which driver I am using, as soon as I'm back at home.

• @deaboy69 You should make a ticket with support if you're suffering from constant crashes.

• Although the OP seems no longer interested, I want to finish my engagement here: I am fine with nvidia's 436.48 DCH driver.
    Furthermore, I would suggest not to use GeForce experience and any tweaking / overclocking.

• Try 436.02. I'm using this version without issues. Also to post above me I'm on a max overclock on my 1070 so I doubt that's an issue, but he could try default and oc to see I guess.

• @goedecke-michel

Same issue, no remedy found.

Other threads on the NVIDIA driver crash:

• I know this is a pretty old thread, but I had the same problem. The only way to fix it was to set the in-game resolution to "Native". Basically, your desktop and game resolution have to match. If you run your desktop at 4K, but the game will only do 60 fps+ at 1080p or 1440p, you need to drop your desktop resolution down to match. It stinks, but it's the only thing that's worked for me and my wife.

• So get this I actually know the issue.
    I have MSI ge75 raider 9sg laptop and for the past 2 weeks been updating everything and trying every fix. Took it PC laptops and we disabled the INTEL UHD GRAPHICS. reset sea of thieves.... And it worked at max settings however it was skipping frames so I changed the buffer to at max and ran smoother at max performance and quality no error. Note once you turn of or restart the laptop the intel driver was re installed or even re enabled if you just disabled It so you have to disable it every time you want to play.

Views
10 out of 11