How can I do skeleton forts quickly solo

• I sometimes play SOT solo, and I am a relatively good player. Although when I do Skeleton Forts I find it difficult and it takes ages. (im on xbox btw)

Views
  • If speed is your concern there's 2 ways for solo...

1. cannons
    2. gun powder barrels

However, it will require of you to know that particular fort in order to find a good spot and make this effective, but the technique is the same regardless of the fort you're at.

Basically, position the ship so it can fire at the shore then drag the entire wave to that shore and kill it with balls or place a keg there and once the wave gathers blow it up. Rince and repeat until you're done... you may need to gather a lot of balls or kegs prior to it.

• I used the gun powder barrel option. worked for me

• I’ll preface this by saying I’m anti solo play.

That outta the way.

You gotta Zapp Brannigan it! Seriously throw your life away as quickly and consistently as possible.

And hope you get lots of Powder Keg skellies.

That speeds it up!

• The main doorway to the Fort room is always a nice choke point to funnel them skellies into death.

Although others have already mentioned the best strat imo,
    I call it the "Banzai"- Kite the skellies and use the keg ones to get easy grouped wave kills.

Failing that my 2nd of choice is the "Cutlass Lunge" on repeat works very well if you kite skellies by running a backwards while you charge the lunge, once it hits the groupe take 3-4 steps back then recharge it, rinse an rep till a keg one sows up and use the aforementioned tactics.

• @glannigan The secret to winning against the killbots.. I mean skeletons, is to send wave after wave of your own men at them.

• @testakleze said in How can I do skeleton forts quickly solo:

@glannigan The secret to winning against the killbots.. I mean skeletons, is to send wave after wave of your own men at them.

If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
    -- Zapp Brannigan

• @bactatankbill YES! My favorite Zap quote.

Also "Stop exploding, you cowards!"

• @fedfoxy4

The main thing in my opinion to effectively deal with skeletons is positioning:

• Make sure to use choke points to maximize damage.
    • Make sure your deaths are worth the time on the ferry by taking out a full wave of skeletons pretty much, damaging is useless as they reset when you die when solo.

Personally I avoid death as much as possible as it just slows it down to much in my opinion. I will even run away when needed to eat to avoid it.

Use the resources you have, be it kegs or a good cannon position. Especially when dealing with a golden wave.

In the end there is no magical way, it just is about fighting effectively.

• Quickly is a relative term. Solo means you have to do everything yourself. Including sitting out your time on the Ferry of the Damned while meanwhile nothing is getting done to finish the Fort. So "quickly" ain't gonna happen.... but quicker, yes?

I've done around 50 Forts Solo. These are some of my tricks.

1. Use a Brigantine instead of a Sloop. It's provides a (small) deterrent to other Pirates considering attacking you when they think there may be 3 of you. Might not help, but can't hurt.
    2. Park your ship in safe spot and leave as many "tower skellies" active as you can. They will provide an "early warning system" if other ships arrive.
    3. Stop by a non active fort first and stock up on powder kegs. Use these strategically and hope the Fort throws a lot of "Goldies" at you.
    4. Choke Holds, find them and use them.
    5. Always run away and eat fruit. Dying means a lengthy waste of time on the Ferry. Don't be a hero!
    6. Never open the Vault until you are sure it's safe.
    7. Grab the 3 or 4 good treasures and go (Skull Fort Chest ... etc). Don't waste time with rest. It's shrapnel. Cut your loses. You can come back for them later. Every second you spend at the Fort after the Vault is open is "high risk". Minimalize risk to maximise profit.
Views
1 out of 10