Why use Greymorrow again?

• Seems abit lazy(cheapens the experience) to re-use a skeleton lord its something I have wondered since i found out he was the Fotd boss, especially since this is a permanent part of the game now and not time exclusive.. Any insight?

Views
  • Good chat!

• This is just the first iteration of FotD.
    Who is to say what more will come of the place, perhaps Briggsy or Warsmith will make an appearance before Flameheart artives.

Or not.

• @masterbetty89 I like to tell myself that he was cursed and turned into a skeleton in the physical world of the living. Then he died during TT8, slain by pirates. Now his cursed soul is in the world of the damned, which is pouring over into our world through these dark relics and rituals being preformed by someone. The curse is still strong enough to keep him in this undead form. Death did not remove the curse turning him back to a human after death, but he had changed from his physical skeleton form in the world of the living to his ghostly skeleton form that would normally exist in the world of the damned. So I guess you could say he is a dead undead, only existing in our world because of this odd merge of worlds.

• @testakleze said in Why use Greymorrow again?:

@masterbetty89 I like to tell myself that he was cursed and turned into a skeleton in the physical world of the living. Then he died during TT8, slain by pirates. Now his cursed soul is in the world of the damned, which is pouring over into our world through these dark relics and rituals being preformed by someone. The curse is still strong enough to keep him in this undead form. Death did not remove the curse turning him back to a human after death, but he had changed from his physical skeleton form in the world of the living to his ghostly skeleton form that would normally exist in the world of the damned. So I guess you could say he is a dead undead, only existing in our world because of this odd merge of worlds.

I like this idea makes sense.. Just that rare are just starting to get into lore and they do this without providing any.. Thank You for your imagination as mine isn't as good

Cheers

• @masterbetty89 well the kore they released with the trailer they released says the ritual at the fort opens a gateway between the living world and the sea of the damned so it isnt completely lore-less ;-)

• @callmebackdraft Doesn't stitcher Jim say something like that also if you go talk to him?

• @testakleze I didn't see any mention of morrow I'll check again my question is specifically directed at the re-use of an already existing skeleton lord.. I figured morrow couldn't go to the sea of the damned as he is already dead.. or is he just cursed.. looks pretty dead to me

• @masterbetty89 I meant just the mention of the fort being phased into our world. I was thinking stitcher Jim said something about that.

I just keep thinking of Wanda from Golden Sands. She was cursed and slowly turned into a skeleton over time. Arguably not dieing in the process. We could see her still operating her shop while hiding her already turned arm. She seemed puzzled and curious about it when she thought no one was looking, and tried keeping it a secret the best she could when people were around, almost like she knew people would be afraid and maybe even banish her from the outposts if they knew. I assumed her body changed first, then her mind, until she completely transformed into the warsmith. You could also argue that she didn't die when pirates sank her fleet including the ship she captained herself.

This fort of the damned seems to be hinting at the sea of the damned becoming more of an influence on the sea of thieves in the future. Possibly culminating in the occurrence of pirates traveling there for whatever reason, maybe a future tall tale.

Perhaps we eventually work with the pirate lord, and the ferryman, as pirate legends, to voyage to and from the sea of the damned, creating endgame content exclusive to legends.

I've been curious if and when the warsmith will return. I think it would be interesting to see her again and speculate what she has been doing and what her new intentions are. I try not to see morrow as a reused lazy asset but a thinking, planning, adversary. They wouldn't make their plans obvious to us. They would try to keep things secret so we wouldn't be able to stop them so easily. So I'm curious why it's morrow from an in game point of view. Why did morrow come back, not why did rare bring him back.

• @testakleze well with this it definitely gives me an answer to ponder upon. Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts. I just hope there is more behind it all. Champion!

• @masterbetty89
    Rare is lazy and cheap and have proven it daily. They obviously don't pay game testers, and roll out unstable and untested patches all the time. That is why my anchored galleon just de-spawned at Rapier Cay while my friends and I were reading the map two days ago. I wouldn't be as salty if I didn't just spend two and a half hours collecting lights and supplies, but I did. It is also the reason why just minutes ago I was solo on a brigantine "yes full on supplies". When I randomly just transferred servers into and on top of a sinking sloop. Yes, you guessed it, sank because of it. I do have video of this but don't see a way of uploading it to Rare to complain. I'm guessing because they really don't care about my gaming experience or the time I spend on the game. Someone might conclude that maybe they don't have funds to correct these issues. I'm thinking NO. With the invention of ancient coins and what they charged for the game initially "$60 dollars U.S." they should have plenty of funds. Funds to buy better servers and bandwidth so we can play the game without lag spikes, rubber banding, low ping times, and latency. Funds to pay for coding/ game testers to to make sure dumb things like explained above don't happen. We deserve an apology at the very least, or a refund "wouldn't hold my breath" for the lack luster performance of the Rare team. Why we don't form a "Pirate Union" to strike or boycott bad performance is beyond me.

• You see, what I'm confused about is I thought skeletons, or at least skeleton lords, could remake their skeletal bodies when they die.

Views
1 out of 12