Live Q+A: Monthly Content Updates with Chris Davies and Steven Dillon - Monday 22nd October, 5pm-6pm BST - ENDED

Join us next week for another Q&A all about our Monthly Content Updates thus far, with Senior Designer Chris Davies and Game Designer Steven Dillon!

This thread will be opened up shortly before the Q&A session begins.

Can we get a tease of what the november update is called?

Why was the pirate legend banjo not included in this update with all the other banjos?

Is there a Holiday update planned for December, similar to the spooky Halloweenish one we are in now?

Also Are there plans for any larger updates like the Anniversary update? Or are we sticking 100% with the Monthly Updates from here on out?

What is the biggest design challenge you face in sea of thieves

Thank you for taking time to do this. If you could answer any of the following, many of us would appreciate it.

The following questions are from players and others I have ran into and asked about.

What is on the horizon for pirate legends?
    And whatever it is, can it not be tied to arena?
    (Time to action in arena is 20-45 minutes is too much for many to play arena)

Any changes or updates to fishing incoming?

What new type of arena modes might we see?
    And
    what’s challenges are you facing with the arena, and how do you want to change them?

How’s the private server update coming?

What percentage of players fish, play arena, and play adventure actively?

How many people still collect animals for merchant alliance?

Also can you all keep on being kind and offering your time for people pestering you with questions and being kind to all of your employees? Jk: y’all are gonna keep being awesome

Can we get a weapon box on the ferry of the damned please?

Are we close to getting cross play matchmaking in Adventure? Follow up question, will it be releasing in November’s update 😎 Happy sailing

When will we see an improved reward system for arena?

During the EGX they mentioned at an upcoming update called Emissarys. Can you elaborate on what it entails?

Ahoy! Love the Q&As
    My questions(s):
    1.Maybe sitting on chairs in the tavern? I mean.. this animation is already on the rowboat
    2.card/dice games ?

1. November update will be bigger than october.. and december ?

Is there any plans to make swords stun lock less extreme or nerfing swords in any way?

Will Players recieve backdated commendations for the new fort?The fort itself is fantastic, it’s a shame the commendation was broken and cost everyone a lot of hours.

When will you change the title screen from Anniversary Update?

So Hello Chris and Steven
    What was your most exciting monthly Update since Black Powder Stashes?
    Can we get a teaser or a name for November?

Due to the delay of the fort of the damed will the November update still be released on the second wednesday of November or will updates be pushed back to the third week from now on?

Q: A good amount of players are starting to, or have already reached Athena Fortune 10. Will we be seeing any expansion to this endgame content in the near future?

Are we going to be seeing anything new for pirate legends in the months to come? If so a little tease please? I know a lot of people want one.

Ahoy!
    Do you have any plans on working on Commendations and Titles for Items that lack them? For example, the Box of Wondrous Secrets or Merchant Alliance Crates? Aside from these, another one I can think of is Skeleton Captain's Skull & Chest that have no commendations outside the Bilge Rat Adventures. I'd like to see some further motivation given to players for retrieving these.

Will we be getting a third item wheel in the future or just stick with the current equipment

When are you going to expand the server size? 6 people is not enough for PvP people!

@justsaiyen93 said in Live Q+A: Monthly Content Updates with Chris Davies and Steven Dillon - Monday 22nd October, 5pm-6pm BST - LIVE:

Can we get a tease of what the november update is called?

Here's a slightly rubbish anagram for you:

Hello EA - Bonus Dust

"Captaincy for Pirate Legends" that is the question.

Now that Athenas are available to everyone. Is there going to be any new additions to being Pirate legends to help make it special again?

When is the SoT-Merch Store opening and why it’s taking so long! I need new Merch :)

Ahoy!

-Will things being added like the dark relics be added ever to the OOS or not because of it being lore-related?

-Is there a way that you guys plan on changing the quests a little as on Smugglers Run, there weren’t as many on Shipwreck bay? Maybe re-add the reaper flag?

@moskitofeuerlol said in Live Q+A: Monthly Content Updates with Chris Davies and Steven Dillon - Monday 22nd October, 5pm-6pm BST - LIVE:

So Hello Chris and Steven
    What was your most exciting monthly Update since Black Powder Stashes?
    Can we get a teaser or a name for November?

For me, Fort of The Damned has been the most exciting. Just giving players the ability to trigger a fort themselves. We played it pretty much everyday and each day we spotted a few bits we wanted to change and at the end of each play session, I just got more and more excited about seeing it out there in the wild. It was such a big piece of work and to have it stay around and be a permanent addition to world is great. So many possibility's with it!

Ahoy lads! Thank ye for taking time to talk with us today. Will the future monthly updates increase in size of content? Ie: November having more content than October. Will the story these updates seem to be telling have a large, climactic update in the future?

Can you release any info on re-rolling our character in the pirate creator?
    A. Would we be able to to re-roll as many times as we like?
    B. Would our original pirate design always stay there as a default? (Just in case)

Can we expect to see jewellery and accessories for our Pirates? I'm talking necklaces/piercings/spectacles.

The Skeleton Lords Gold Hoarder and Flameheart are both well known long ago before SoT released! Are there any plans to introduce/tease new Lords through Books, Comics or Novels?

How are quest mechanics going to change in the future? Will there be an update surrounding this?

Hey you two! Are there any plans to pick up on the initial idea of captaincy and an expension on the Pirate Legend status?
    I know we are probably just 1/2% of the player mass but we are also the most active (I would guess).

@blair187 said in Live Q+A: Monthly Content Updates with Chris Davies and Steven Dillon - Monday 22nd October, 5pm-6pm BST - LIVE:

What is the biggest design challenge you face in sea of thieves

Self-restraint. There's so much that we want to add to enrich the game, each of which serves different player types and motivations, but we can't do it all at once. Plus, we are always listening to you all and the things you're asking for, and when we discuss features it's impossible not to get excited about them all and want to deliver them all right now.

Hey folks, just a reminder that this Q&A is specifically about our Monthly Content Updates, rather than general features in Sea of Thieves!