Being a Chill Pirate of the Damned

• So those familiar with the forums know I solo, and don't like pvp (or many of the pvp allstars). Here's a little guide to having a good time and silly yet helpful things you can do with this Damned update.

To heck with the Fortress. Let the murderlords have their "fun". Do the Merc voyages. Sometimes, a shadow of fate will spawn when you dig up a Ritual Skull, so you still get some progress. Get your lights! Also, don't just leave Ritual Skulls or drop it off at that Damned fort! Sell it to Duke for 10 Dubs.

Yes collect your lights. Also, check beacons on islands for hard to get lights like Pink, White or Red. Make sure and take those ashore to change the beacons to something harder to find.

Turn on rowboat lamps. Especially if you have White, Red or Pink. Also check rowboat lamps. Maybe I was sneaky and turned it off?

If you get skeleton orders that are on a Fort, definitely check it out. I got a Stronghold Keg from one. There are lots of Skeleton captains out there with orders right now.

If you're feeling especially helpful, swing by that Damned place and drop off the lights you have.

Do an undamned fortress. Especially if the Damn fortress is activated. You'll catch less heat and have an easier time.

Don't sink everyone murderlords. They might have a lantern you want. Try being polite and asking, then GO AWAY IF THEY DON'T. Us pacifists will be more helpful that way.

This Damned update can be fun even if you don't like pvp...

Views
  • @pithyrumble That's some damned good advice.

• If you want to attempt the fort, let me know. I might be able to help you, can use mic or Xbox chat. Both work for me. Sloop or a bigger ship..

• Don't sink everyone murderlords. They might have a lantern you want. Try being polite and asking, then GO AWAY IF THEY DON'T. Us pacifists will be more helpful that way.

Sadly there is not a lot around of them. I sadly had more the experience of someone turning on you rather than them beeing helpfull. I can not count how many times we approached someone with friendly intentions even comunicating trough chat, just to get no response and be fired upon.
    I guess this game techeas you fast to rather be safe than sorry.

I would also love to see more good interactions in this game. Don't get me wrong, i love murdering people and sinking ships, but if someone is clearly friendly, there is really no need to attack them (unless they got a buttload of loot, then yeah...)

• When we finish we light the fort for the next pirates when we leave. Already carry the lights in the boat so also when i quit i open the crew so they can start with all colours :")

• Awww, a pacifist. That's nice. Good guide for folks. I would add that the DR is very quiet right now. So get some voyages in there, all the budding "Legendary Thieves" are too busy fighting over that lone Athenas chest to have the time to camp out Morrow's or Ancient Spire. So go earn a bit of cash before the Gold and Ghouls weekend, because I will 100% be robbing people in there while that is on.

• @pithyrumble I agree with everything, but if they say no, they need to be prepared for me to take it.

I did try to be nice

Views
4 out of 7