Fort of the Damned Betrayal

• So I just betrayed a crew at the Fort; I know, shocker! but they spawned literally one island over! Why is betrayal a legitimate part of the game when it's impossible to achieve? We were a sloop vs a brig and after sinking them twice our supplies were running thin and we'd only managed to acquire the Athena and a couple of Chests. They ended up getting everything else because we lost the battle of attrition as they would respawn with supplies and were getting acquainted with our strategies. Losing a battle should put you far enough away for the winning crew to atleast get most of the treasure out of the fort.

Views
    feedback
  • Good. Serves you right.

• @gryph1418

They might have scuttled just before they sank to get a better respawn... Just one possibility.

That said, getting sunk from another crew should (and is supposed to) respawn you a good distance away but it can be complicated by the location of other ships on the server.

• @scrubber89 said in Fort of the Damned Betrayal:

Good. Serves you right.

If no one ever played the bad guy the game would get stale quick.

• I agree that betrayal is part of the game, but so is revenge.

You chose to be the bad guy in an update where Rare is encouraging teamwork. If the alliance is betrayed, that crew should be given the chance to fight back. They definitely shouldn't spawn all the way across the map. The fort is frustrating enough as it is. If a sloop's betrayal was all it took for several crews-worth of loot to be stolen, a vast number of players wouldn't even bother raiding the fort in the first place.

• Hmmm allianced ships is spawning close to eachother...am i right?

Allthough if you betray it then well....karma i guess 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• You guys wanted PVP...well that's what this fort is. OG Forts were a war if attrition...you gotta go in prepared for that.

• @gryph1418

Eh, if yer gonna betray people, you gotta be prepared to deal with the consequences. And bad spawns are one of the major ones you have to be prepared for.

Sloops are hard mode, mate. Be proud that you did so well in the first place.

• @gryph1418

Betrayal is a totally valid strategy, otherwise the game mechanics would not allow for us to do it so freely...

But in favor of keeping things balanced, I don't see a problem with spawning the rival crew 2 or 3 islands over so they can have their shot at revenge - maybe subsequent sinkings after that should have them spawn further away.

Views
feedback
1 out of 10