My Feedback & Suggestions

• Hear ye', matey. I've got some booty to drop into this 'er lagoon...

Sorry about the lame intro, thought it would suit the theme. But yes, to the point/s.

I have been playing the game for a short time now and I have really been enjoying it. But there are some grievances I have that I'd like to express through some though-out suggestions for the game.

So here's the list I would like to share:

• Add one extra crewman slot to each ship size, as playing the game and doing stuff on the ship always makes you feel like you're one pirate short of a fully effective team.
    • Add the ability for friends to join your server without joining your crew, so alliance fleets are easier to arrange.
    • Add the ability to buy crates of cannon balls and other supplies from the shipmaster at the docks of outposts.
    • Add a new feature in the future where pirates/alliances can claim territory over a fort so they can have pirate coves? So players feel more impactful on their surroundings and maybe also have basic outpost options for annexed forts. Defending your ship while at an outpost is awkward but with a fort, you can have cannons all around to protect your ship while dropping off loot.
    • Change the Grappling hooks to one in the front that shoots a 270deg facing straight, then one on the top facing backwards.
    • I know this is probably a far cry but being able to maybe change the layout of your ship or change the position of the cannons would be great as customization of ones ship to suit their style would be awesome. Like having the ability to upgrade or buy a secure door for where you spawn in your ship would be great so it prevents players from spawn killing you if you live in a place with terrible internet connection. It's a painful experience.

That's all the ones I'm willing to share, the other ones you have to buy with Ancient coin ;). But they're just ideas and suggestions. I look forward to any new features for the game. I really am having fun... just can't stress the idea that I'd love to have one more crewman slot for each ship haha!

Views
    communityfeedbackgeneral
  • @ghost-arbiter said in My Feedback & Suggestions:

Hear ye', matey. I've got some booty to drop into this 'er lagoon...

Sorry about the lame intro, thought it would suit the theme. But yes, to the point/s.

I have been playing the game for a short time now and I have really been enjoying it. But there are some grievances I have that I'd like to express through some though-out suggestions for the game.

So here's the list I would like to share:

• Add one extra crewman slot to each ship size, as playing the game and doing stuff on the ship always makes you feel like you're one pirate short of a fully effective team.
    • Add the ability for friends to join your server without joining your crew, so alliance fleets are easier to arrange.
    • Add the ability to buy crates of cannon balls and other supplies from the shipmaster at the docks of outposts.
    • Add a new feature in the future where pirates/alliances can claim territory over a fort so they can have pirate coves? So players feel more impactful on their surroundings and maybe also have basic outpost options for annexed forts. Defending your ship while at an outpost is awkward but with a fort, you can have cannons all around to protect your ship while dropping off loot.
    • Change the Grappling hooks to one in the front that shoots a 270deg facing straight, then one on the top facing backwards.
    • I know this is probably a far cry but being able to maybe change the layout of your ship or change the position of the cannons would be great as customization of ones ship to suit their style would be awesome. Like having the ability to upgrade or buy a secure door for where you spawn in your ship would be great so it prevents players from spawn killing you if you live in a place with terrible internet connection. It's a painful experience.

That's all the ones I'm willing to share, the other ones you have to buy with Ancient coin ;). But they're just ideas and suggestions. I look forward to any new features for the game. I really am having fun... just can't stress the idea that I'd love to have one more crewman slot for each ship haha!

the forts thing I like but I think people could contest it

• @ghost-arbiter make the sloop a solo ship only, and leave the other ships like they are...

• @schwammlgott said in My Feedback & Suggestions:

@ghost-arbiter make the sloop a solo ship only, and leave the other ships like they are...

nope I like the sloop sometimes to have two people on it

• @closinghare208 sagte in My Feedback & Suggestions:

@schwammlgott said in My Feedback & Suggestions:

@ghost-arbiter make the sloop a solo ship only, and leave the other ships like they are...

The sloop is too boring for two people...but ok, some like it duo on that ship...

@closinghare208 sagte in My Feedback & Suggestions:

@schwammlgott said in My Feedback & Suggestions:

The sloop is too boring for two people...but ok, some like it duo on that ship...

yep they do and sometimes I'm one of them

• Having more than the current crew allotment has already been tested and would be OP. You'd have 1 crewman who would always be bored, and having 1 additional pirate on board won't fix them from being a lazybeard.

Allowing for additional friends for a fleet tips the balance in a server and would allow for easier server takeovers. Want to take over a server? Work for it.

Buying supplies breaks game balance in favor of the rich and more experienced.

Harpoon in front would prevent doing things on the mizzen-mast, like fishing, boarding, etc. Having it in back would give too much control to runners over pursuers.

You can already hold forts if you want.

Changing the layout of a ship breaks balance - for example, putting all of your supply barrels on deck for quick, easy access.

Why would you think that's a good idea? Or even an idea Rare would entertain?

• @galactic-geek . I understand the need to keep things more intimate between crewmembers and their gameplay with having fewer crew sizes. I believe the devs are trying to stay away from making SoT into an MMO, in the classical sense. I wouldn't want that for the game either.

But the matter of a lot of complaints among the forums I've been seeing is that people have more than just 4 friends that want to join them in their game. Which I think can be helped with being able to join a server in an already established fleet. Not too high a number at least. But then the map would be too small for that amount of ships on one server. That's why a larger ship thats harder to operate, slower than the others but more powerful, could be a great idea for allowing players to have more friends with them.

Having customizable interiors is just the same as the exterior options we already have. But it feels more personal to the crew. Maybe leave the cannons then, that's okay. Although I'd like it because changing the layout of the ship, in a minimal sense, can make scouting the ship from afar more about intel and not just about checking for kegs.

• Your ideas agree not new and of wer think them through we can already say, sorry but this all leads to big imbalancies.
    @Galactic-Geek has already listed some.
    A bigger ship?
    I bareley see a Galleone fully manned.

This is a session based game for good reasons.

• @ghost-arbiter

You can very much still be an effective team, you just have to learn the layout of your ship, the tasks of each crew member and the members of your crew. Extra players were tested long ago, and you would not believe how OP it gets. Especially the galleon, that one can fire all cannons on a broadside and still have crew left to board or repair.

If you want to do that, you've got to work for it. Find someone else and have them leave while your friends join their crew, or wait for a crew to log off and join just as they leave to take their slot in the server, or anything else like that. People take over entire servers like this, you can do it with one ship.

This favors the older, richer players over the newer, poorer ones. A crew with a few hundred gold apiece can't restock from money alone every time they're sunk, but a crew with several million apiece can do it, even after losing to another crew, and come right back. Same reason you can't buy things like cannon or sail upgrades, talk to the shipwright on Dagger Tooth about it. The Pirate Lord wishes for battles to be won on skill, not time ground.

The strongholds in the game are the property of the skeletons, and one would realistically activate regardless of pirates on it or not given enough time. You can already take them over, get a few Reaper's chests and a lot of treasure and put it all there, then wait.

I'm going to leave this answer at: They are where they are for a reason. Other locations have been tested and removed.

No. If everyone on the crew spawned in a single, secure spot, that's worse of a bottleneck than it already is for effective spawn-killing. And having to buy it is worse. Aside, spawn-killing isn't happening because of internet connection, it's a design flaw with the game. As for upgrading/changing locations of cannons and the like, they've been tested in different places before and placed where they are for a reason, similarly to the harpoons.

Views
communityfeedbackgeneral
1 out of 12