Aligned Athena Betrayal....

• It’s safe to say that this community is unlike any other. It’s also safe to say that this community is a bunch of thieving pirates...including myself, but this voyage was unlike most of my ruthless scuffles with the scallywags of our seas.
    No, my voyage is of an underdogs story.

I skimmed through a few lfg posts and found something I’d never done before, joined one of those sketchy 5 boat alliances that need a slot filled. You know the posts. 5 BOATS ON A TEAM WE RUN THE SERVER!!
    Well... I que up and join a party of 12 people. Madness, people talking over each other, demands of teamwork from across 4 boats. I get told I’m joining the Galleon of the group (I hate galleons) but ok, hesitantly I stick around. 2 other unfortunate pirates join the galleon. Little did I know, the 3 of us were going to become real close real quick. Our 4th by the way was a teenager who insisted on fishing the whole time....

In the alliance there is a Brig running merchant voyages, 2 sloops doing skull forts, and a lone sloop who was going around recruiting into the alliance. Our job as the galleon was the run Athena voyages.

Speed running through our voyage we pick up a few reapers chests. The brig makes a few off comments about killing us for them... first red flag of the night. Lite humor is tossed around and so we drop one at an island so they’ll go away and stop making weird comments.

We’re nearing the end of the voyage and the helmsman spots a mega keg on an island. For giggles he picks it up and says we might need it. By the way, everyone except the boats captains muted one another so we could communicate effectively. Now I’m no captain and to be honest no one on the gally was, we just had our roles and stuck to our specialties. With that said, I could hear everyone. The brig starts retelling a story of how they’ve stolen Athena’s before.

Their favorite story was that they pulled one off of a Father/Son sloop that we’re bonding over the game. They said they’d swap chests even though they didn’t have one themselves. Laughs echoed in the party as I sat back and thought about those poor people, gullible so did they deserve it? Perhaps but nothing a scoundrel like myself would do. That’s the lowest of the low.

Flash forward, we have the Athena chest on board and are moving to the outpost. The merchant brig says they’ve been waiting all day to trade with some one and to meet us at the outpost. We decline politely and avoid the said outpost. Well if you’re a legend in this game than you’ll know the speeds are different. We start to go to galleons grave, against the wind... meanwhile the brig attempts to catch us, and they do.

Watching them gaining on us, I ascend into the crows nest and sleep. Waiting for a harpoon to pull them into us. It happens! Wait, I tell myself. Don’t do anything crazy unless they shoot us. Before I can finish my thought, they peppered us with weary balls, regular cannonballs, and a venom ball. I jump out of the nest, keg lit Incase I die on impact or anything else. I run to the middle of the brig and blow it up! Congrats!!! My first mega keg used on a players boat. I count 3 heads not including myself on the ferry. Spawn back. Screaming has erupted in the party chat. Why mate?! All light humor! We weren’t gonna steal it! Screw off I tell them, my crew is fuming! Luckily my guys stayed alive and were bucketing their hearts out. We’re in a huge argument with these guys. Every curse word in the sea is thrown at one another in this party.

I’m climbing back up to the crows nest while telling these 3 about themselves. I RIP down our alliance flag, tell everyone including the boats that were innocent that we’re out and to thank the brig for them not getting an Athena!

The sloops start to muster up, they’re wanting blood. They’d been screwed over by the brig before apparently and all the flags come down. No ones in an alliance but everyone wants to kill the same enemy.

We’re at morrows peak trading the rest of our fortune in when I spot the brig again. The miss their angle to sink us with out us retaliating. 3 cannons going to town on the brig. 5 jig balls in a row, they’re dancing into their graves. Our 4th still fishing....

They hit us too and we’re done with our boat so we let it sink. Mutual assured destruction. They come on land and we’re going at it. A legendary brawl only the bravest sea dogs would join.

Not looking too good. It’s a 3v3 but really a 3v2 cause our 4ths still fishing. They break his line though.... all hell breaks loose. They unleashed a manhunter of our fisherman. He snapped! He’s slashing and shooting everything that moves at the outpost. Kills all three of them before I could finish a combo! They spawn in another island, 2 sloops team up and kill them immediately! The brig is defeated, their legend titles are meaningless in this server and we, the random crew galleon become the new leaders of the alliance! Gentleman pirates is what we were deemed and the server stayed peaceful until we logged off.

I love this game!strikethrough textbolded text

Views
  • Good read and well written.

• @gatorwocky

Thank you! 🙏

Views
2 out of 3