Give Us In Game Reporting!!!

• Kinda annoying that we can’t get people reported in game - we have to rely on getting gamertags and reporting them on xbox (if people are on xbox), otherwise very toxic people always remain on sea of thieves.

Im practicing PvP and dont mind being sunk, but the man sinking me threw transphobic language and slurs my way and misgendered me as well. I have him caught on a stream and I have a gamertag as well.

Toxic language, baiting me into reacting being sunk by him.

Rare, is this what you want your game to be? If not, then give us that in game reporting system! Yes people will abuse it because they are salty but if it means getting rid of people who are like that, then add it.

Views
    feedback
  • @agent-samuraii said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

Kinda annoying that we can’t get people reported in game - we have to rely on getting gamertags and reporting them on xbox (if people are on xbox), otherwise very toxic people always remain on sea of thieves.

Im practicing PvP and dont mind being sunk, but the man sinking me threw transphobic language and slurs my way and misgendered me as well. I have him caught on a stream and I have a gamertag as well.

Rare, is this what you want your game to be? If not, then give us that in game reporting system! Yes people will abuse it because they are salty but if it means getting rid of people who are like that, then add it.

In game reporting system would work against what you are going through.

I'm not saying you shouldn't report but players in general have a bad habit of reporting for any and all reasons or baiting players into reportable situations.

What it leads to is Rare having to dedicate a whole lot more resources to go through the MASSIVE amounts of reports they are going to get. A flood of useless reports are going to lead to a more rigid interpretation of the rules. With more reports they end up having to streamline the process so the rules are not going to be up to interpretation of the events, its straight up yes/no.

The way it is now, you have to really want to report someone to go through the whole process. Its a way to dictate whether or not something should really be reported.

If someone finds it too bothersome to report then its not really something that should be reported about in the first place.

I don't want you to feel like I'm always on the opposite side of the fence with you but certain things are done in a way because of how players who are influenced by knee jerk reactions due to an influx of emotions.

SIDE NOTE I'm more of a live and let live kind of person. Words don't bother me, but when eventually rules become so rigid that everything has to be polictically correct and trash talking turns into trash complimenting then thats just annoying and not fun.

Instead of "Hey you are bad, I had conquest with your maternal parental figure"

It turns into "Hey man, good job trying to survive, better luck next time."

I'm sorry but lots of people think that is "good" but its not good trying to force players into that type of scenario.

• @xultanis-dragon

Then tell me how do i report a player to get him at least looked into? I have literal video evidence of his disgusting language.

• @agent-samuraii
    Toxic players can be reported the same way you report bugs. There is a drop down menu that you can report a toxic player and then describe what happened and attach video evidence.

Here's the link:
    https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

• @little-squash

Yes thank you

• @agent-samuraii Rare take that sort of discrimination very seriously, they have handed out lifetime bans for this sort of thing in the past.

Report them and include as much info as you can including the time of the stream, so that Rare can confirm your story and administer an appropriate reprimand.

In game reporting might well be redundant pretty soon anyway. MS are working on introducing voice chat filters for Xbox Live which will use AI to auto-censor toxicity. So soon enough we may have a situation where if you hear toxicity it'll be because you opted-in to toxic folks.

As an Irishman who struggles to say a full sentence without including foul language, I'm both alarmed by and interested in this new development.

Kinda annoying that we can’t get people reported in game - we have to rely on getting gamertags and reporting them on xbox (if people are on xbox), otherwise very toxic people always remain on sea of thieves.

aye if that's the case then they should add it

• @pabio-escobar

Bruh legit?

And the fact people are upvoting your post is genuinely disgusting.

• @boxcar-squidy said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

@agent-samuraii Rare take that sort of discrimination very seriously, they have handed out lifetime bans for this sort of thing in the past.

Report them and include as much info as you can including the time of the stream, so that Rare can confirm your story and administer an appropriate reprimand.

In game reporting might well be redundant pretty soon anyway. MS are working on introducing voice chat filters for Xbox Live which will use AI to auto-censor toxicity. So soon enough we may have a situation where if you hear toxicity it'll be because you opted-in to toxic folks.

As an Irishman who struggles to say a full sentence without including foul language, I'm both alarmed by and interested in this new development.

aye

• @boxcar-squidy

I am indeed wondering how the Irish will fare XD

But yes I got a support ticket up and such with the video evidence.

@boxcar-squidy

I am indeed wondering how the Irish will fare XD

But yes I got a support ticket up and such with the video evidence.

aye nice

• @agent-samuraii it's grand, these sort of things can usually never figure out our accents.

Although, if this ends up being the first one that can I'll probably be like 90% censored.

"I'd like you to Bleep the Bleep Bleep Bleep sails Bleep please Bleep Bleep"

• @boxcar-squidy

I mean I’m not much better in terms of cursing now that I think about it XD I have days where I’ll curse worse than a sailor!

@agent-samuraii it's grand, these sort of things can usually never figure out our accents.

Although, if this ends up being the first one that can I'll probably be like 90% censored.

"I'd like you to Bleep the Bleep Bleep Bleep sails Bleep please Bleep Bleep"

aye you irish pirates have a comedy of errors and a beautiful spaking voice when all of you talk take sane or jacksepticeye

• @closinghare208 Ah dats just coz we're after learnin all dem fancy words from all a doze bukes we been readin.

@closinghare208 Ah dats just coz we're after learnin all dem fancy words from all a doze bukes we been readin.

aye ye pirate

• @pabio-escobar said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

[mod edited]

i mean if you live in Canada you could go to jail for what you have said but idk where you live so I still think it's not very nice to be mean to other people and you prolly don't have any gender neutral friends

• @closinghare208

Bruh you’re in Canada too???

@closinghare208

Bruh you’re in Canada too???

yep

• @PabIo-Escobar Your post has been removed as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

ALWAYS:

Be respectful. Sea of Thieves is a game for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality, creed or disability. Treat everyone with respect. Diversity only enriches this larger-than-life pirate community of ours and makes Sea of Thieves’ world a far more interesting one to explore. When we all play, everyone wins.

NEVER:

Discriminate against anyone based on who they are. As stated previously, Sea of Thieves is a game for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality, creed or disability. Prejudice of any kind is totally unacceptable.

Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

• @closinghare208 said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

@pabio-escobar said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

“Misgendered you” hahaha. Funniest god dam thing I’ve heard all week. Thanks man 👍. Woman 🤷‍♂️

i mean if you live in Canada you could go to jail for what you have said but idk where you live so I still think it's not very nice to be mean to other people and you prolly don't have any gender neutral friends

Really? You would go to jail for actually misgendering someone?

• @inboundbomb unfortunately it's what the world has come to

• @masterbetty89 I guess so. Sad to hear that Canada is that way.

• @inboundbomb

After this gets explained we need to stop so we don’t derail the original topic

People of any race, culture, gender/gender identity, religion, nationality and ethnicity are protected under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Trans/Intersex/Nonbinary/Genderfluid (or what else have you) people are now protected under Canadian law so we are free from discrimination and hate speech. If people disrespect that they ARE breaking Canadian law.

So think before you speak. It’s not just people of different gender identity that are protected, it’s for people of other races and cultures and religions (etc etc) too. “Sad that canada is that way” - well guess what, you’re basically trashing canada for having laws that PROTECT people.

• @inboundbomb said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

@closinghare208 said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

@pabio-escobar said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

“Misgendered you” hahaha. Funniest god dam thing I’ve heard all week. Thanks man 👍. Woman 🤷‍♂️

Really? You would go to jail for actually misgendering someone?

yep in Canada you can

• @agent-samuraii Thank you for the information.

• @inboundbomb

Updated the comment.

• @inboundbomb said in Give Us In Game Reporting!!!:

@agent-samuraii Thank you for the information.

anyways lets get back to the topic mates

• @Deckhands

This thread is beginning to run its course and I got help I needed to make a support ticket and such. Could the anchor be dropped on this ship please?

@Deckhands

This thread is beginning to run its course and I got help I needed to make a support ticket and such. Could the anchor be dropped on this ship please?

ok that's fine I agree mate @Deckhands

• Anchor dropped at OP's request.

Views
feedback
1 out of 32