It lags too much

• Since launch I been playing Sea of Thieves and still to this day I experience so much lag it's making my ping go higher than 100 it's unplayable most of time, my internet isn't the best but it is good enough that I shouldn't have to deal with it. Here are my issues since last night

1. I would teleport from one spot to another
    2. Skeletons would be a distance from me then become The Flash towards me
    3. I would be aiming at a skeleton like the one with gun powder barrels but somehow I miss? It's due to lag so that didn't register as I hit the gun powder barrel so instead I apparently missed (it does the same with everything else)
    4. Interacting with anything doesn't register. Example (Getting on the ships ladder but miss it even though I pressed the prompted to get on)
    5. Rowboats is a motherload of all lags. Undocking/docking it would lag, When I would row the boat I would get serious lag I was flying in the air like ET a couple of times while rowing the boat from one island to another while I had a friend doing their thing.

I could go on but those are the biggest ones I can think of a top my head, one more I would rubber band constantly. Here are some ideas I can give out for the solution if Rare has them or not

1. Acquire more region servers around the world
    2. Get newer more, better, stable servers if can

I am not sure what needs to be fixed but whatever it is please focus more on that for now than adding more things to help the servers run more stable and smoothly. I have a download of 300 Mbp/s and my upload is 30 Mbp/s.

Views
    feedback
  • @electricfied038
    Some of this depends on where you live but there are definitely times that I get on and the lag is unbearable. In those cases, my crew and I will quit out and restart until we get into a decent server.

• @electricfied038

Much of your lag might depend on your system, if your memory is close to full the game will not run nearly as well. Also, if you consistently join your friend and he lives a few continents away, that's the issue. The game starts off players in the servers near to them, however if they join a friend nothing can be done about it. I believe it does try to compromise sometimes, but I'm not sure on that.

Views
feedback
1 out of 3