New to the game and just getting pvp'ed to death and cannot even begin the first tutorial sail.

• So I was told this is an awesome game. I get my new computer and I get this game. Day one, trying to figure out how to play and doing the tutorial and I have been killed by players as I try to figure out how to play following the tutorial quest. I I cannot learn a thing if I am just killed off by players following me around to kill brand spanking new players. Very discouraging and frustating to not even know how to do anything but die before i am tossed in a spot people can kill me. (I managed to accidentally hit T and could text! WOW not that it did any good.) I left the game and left my body and will contemplate if i will return as i have no clue how to play or what to do to defend myself or set sail. it is not fun to try to run or hide when i am trying to follow the tutorial which seems to not work very well anyhow...a bit glitchy and I have had to resart a few times over the past few hours. it also iuncluded having to delete and download the game again since my HUD was missing. So far...I am not enjoying this. :(

Views
  • @lumindina UPDATE
    One of my killers has offered to help me learn the game. YAY! TY Cap't!

• This is honestly the most disappointing video game I've ever played. I'm so glad I didn't waste money on it. I've never had my hopes built up and then crushed by a video game this badly.

The concept of the game is amazing, I've been playing all day and had a great time the first couple of hours. I tried getting some chests, and the first two times I got them I was attacked by enemies and they look my loot. Oh well. I guess that's what the whole point of this game is. Wrong. This game is a grifers wet dream and was designed to frustrate people.

I then chose to try my luck with an open crew, because sailing alone is impossible. You always die in fights. Not only are the experienced players preying on people new to the game, but there are a MILLION ways to grief within your own ship. Almost every time I try to get to an island and dig for treasure, I dock my ship, and my crew leaves without me. I thought if I swam to the siren/mermaid that it would teleport my back to my ship with the treasure chest... WRONG. You actually have to swim holding the chest to your ship. And then you have to sail all the way to an Outpost just to sell them. There are island with multiple buried treasures. I didn't even attempt collecting more than one because I didn't want to be a sitting duck for too long and get raided. I then sailed all the way to an Outpost, and found an enemy team sitting and waiting for me... I luckily acted fast and ran ashore with only ONE of my 4 treasure chests. The crew then sunk my ship, and proceeded to bombard the Outpost with cannons and spawn killed me. So now I bave no way of finding them. There is SO many things that could be done to fix this game.

1. Punsish players for not working with the team

2. Decreased loot if you steal from someone/more loot if you actually DO THE QUESTS

3. Making the outposts safe zones

4. Letting you take your treasure with you if you find a mermaid/siren

5. Actually having a reward system rather than promoting a chaotic atmosphere where the game isn't even playable.

I know that getting gold is the whole point of the game... But gold only buys you cosmetic options. I was hoping for maybe a few stat-enhancing items. I know the whole point is to have all the weapons and ships be an equal level-because having maxxed out items would just make the griefing problem worse. But the fact that gold is already SO hard to obtain in this game really makes it vastly unsatisfying.

If you're going to make gold that hard to obtain, at least give me a light at the end of the tunnel. Give me something awesome. Or at least make the items you can buy with the gold cheaper for heavens sake. I've been playing all day and I only have enough gold for a new pair of pants....

Not to mention I started out with 10000 gold in the game (from the dlc) and it disappeared because I didn't like my character and wanted to try again.

I mean seriously, there is so much potential to be had with this game. And it has been in beta for over 2 years now. I don't know how it hasn't been fixed. I really hope a developer sees this post. I have never had my hopes built up and let down so much by a video game before. I've been waiting for a game like this for years, but it seems that the people who made this game are just having a laugh at the mess they made. This game could be an amazing open world with limitless discovery . But instead they put in systems to reward trolls. I mean seriously the community of this game is more toxic than league of legends.

There are "rules" posted at the start of the game. Which aren't enforced at all. The fact that players can sit at outposts and not only spawn kill people but wait for crews returning from quests with chests just ready to loot them is atrocious. It is far worse than call of duty camping. Because in COD at least there isn't anything at stake. In this game, if you are killed, it's basically saying "whoops, the past 3 hours of your life have been for NOTHING" AND not only that, but the people who killed you get to keep all of your hard work just for being lame and sitting in one spot.

If I wanted to do all the work and have someone else take credit , I would just live my normal life.

Games are supposed to be fun escapes from reality. Not a reminder that the people who work hard get stomped on and the people who prey on the weak and never do any work always get ahead. Seriously, did Donald trump create this game?

I would give this game a 0/5 just for the awful feeling it has given me after that I have wasted my time with nothing to show for it at all...

but the general concept of the game is good. It has the potential to be very fun and groundbreaking. It was a genius idea, but horribly executed. I really hope you get your act together rare. Please work on these fixes. Punish players for being trolls. There isn't even a way to report players in the game.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 4