Return of the Black Lion crew

• My crew and I took a few months off from Sea of Thieves (due to other games coming out, frustrations with the game, burn out...the usual stuff)

So on Wednesday night we hopped in with no real plan, just sail around and see what comes our way. We found some treasure in some sunken ships, took out a skelly or two, found some treasure washed up, over all a good, quiet night. Until we get ready to leave the game. We're out at Golden Sands and after we sold our last item, we decided to end the night by going after a brig that we could see at Sanctuary Outpost. We get a galleon moving and after sailing a few hundred yards away from Golden Sands, the water turns black. Sure enough, here comes the Kraken. But that's not all. Just before the tentacles appeared, a skeleton galleon surfaces off our port side. My crew lays into the skeleton ship as I turn to try to keep us in the wind, but then the tentacles start attacking. Thankfully, none of us were sucked off, but every time I would get us situated with the wind in our sails, the tentacles would hit the ship and spin us around.

In the past, with the tentacles hitting us and the skeleton ship punching holes in our hull with their cannons, we would surely sink. But my crew diligently worked to patch the holes and bucket out the water as I stood my ground at the helm, fighting the waves and monster, until finally we were out of the inky water and away from the kraken. The skeleton galleon stayed with us though. So we headed to Crescent Island. We pulled into the little bay and used the anchor turn to bring our cannons to bare, but the skeletons decided to turn away and disappear. We used the island to repair and restock and found some treasure sitting on the beach. After all that excitement, we decided to turn our treasure in and call it an night.

With the success of Wednesday night, we decided to hit the waves again on Thursday. That night was a little more exciting. Again, we went in without a plan, and the gods of gold and the sea were good to us. Throughout the night, we found numerous mermaid gems, captain chests and valuable skulls. Our adventure the night before also made us a little braver. We saw several skeleton ships roaming the sea and rather than avoid them, we charged right in. During one fight, we lured a skeleton galleon to a nearby fort and used the supplies and cannons to take them out.

We tried to take out a skeleton sloop, but the sucker was too quick and maneuverable compared to our galleon to get them with our initial barrage. We tracked them down to another nearby fort, where we rammed their bow and one of my crew took a powder keg aboard. As we pulled up close to the shore to repair, the sloop sank and we recovered to treasure.

As we closed out our second successful night of the week, we saw a player brig taking on a skeleton galleon. I told my crew we were going to assist and we set course at our fastest possible speed. As we rounded the outpost where the battle was taking place, I turned our galleon so that cut in between the player brig and the skeleton ship that was trailing them. The skellies rammed our starboard side, but we managed to force the ship to turn with us, bringing it alongside us and allowing the brig some breathing room. The skeleton ship peppered us with cannons, killing my crew and punching holes all over our side. Our ship foundered and I found myself on the Ferry.

Though we failed to take down the skeleton ship, we at least put forth an effort to assist that other crew. I don't know if they got away, finished the fight or sank, but I felt good in that we gave it a try and we finished the night with that last battle.

Views
  • @kiethblacklion aye nice mate that's a good tale mate

Views
1 out of 2