My Favorite Alternative Controller Biding

• I really recommend giving this try, for a few different reasons, if you place “jump” on the Left stick click and place sprint on the “A” you and can aim, move and jump at the same time. To sprint you just tap “A” so when you want to stop spriting you just stop moving. This can be a huge advantage in PVP and battle. Additionally putting primary interact on the right stick click really streamline and makes interacting very fluent. I also put the weapon swap and second interact on the “RB”, this gives a lot of the same befits as the other ones. It allows some of the main buttons (“x”, “Y”, “L on D-Pad”, and “R on D-pad”) to be used for item shortcut. I really recommend giving this a try. Here is my briding written out but I recommend modifying for your needs.

Movement

Jump = L Stick Click
    Sprint = A

Interaction

Primary Interact = 	        R Stick Click
    Disengage/Stow/Drop =	 	B
    Pirate Chat = 			“Unbound”
    Pirate Wheel of Emotions = 	Up on D-Pad

Push To Talk = “Unbound”
    Text Chat = “Unbound”

Inventory

Primary Use = 			R Trigger
    Secondary Use	= 		L Trigger
    Item Radial = 			L Button
    Map Radial =			Down on D-Pad
    Cycle Weapons/ Secondary… = 	R Button

Harpoon (unchanged)
    Quest Book (unchanged)
    Row Boat (unchanged)

Item Shortcuts
    (Place what Item you use most “X, Y, L on D-Pad, and R on D-Pad” I have these”

Compass = 			X		
    Food = 				Y
    Spyglass = 			R on D-Pad
    Pocket Watch = 		        L on D-Pad

Views
  • @darkcoeus Nice, finding a setup you like can really improve your game. I can share my setup as well if it'll help someone.

LB - Jump
    RB - Item wheel
    A - sprint
    B - disengage
    X - interact
    Y - Switch weapons
    Left Stick - Spyglass
    Right stick - Fruit
    Left dpad - compass
    Right dpad - bucket
    Down dpad - Emotes
    Up dpad - Cannonballs to help cycle through cursed cannoballs (I'll swap this with pirate chat or map radial sometimes if need be)

I do use the xbox one elite controller for those interested. This setup works well for me

• I keep my food with the Right Analog press and left d-pad for the watch (I think i should change it tho since I’m not doing much merchant stuff) and right d-pad for megaphone (I still use it cuz legit it’s saved my shark-bitten pirate behind more than once!)

• I switched my radials from the bumpers to left and right on the d pad making all four radial menus on my d pad. I changed right bumper to my weapons and interact. Left bumper is jump. A is fruit, right click with the right joystick is spyglass, and Y changes sometimes between bucket, lantern, or cannonballs. Mostly bucket.

I've ran it like this for a long time and it's what I prefer best through experience and experimenting. Might not be what everyone prefers and sometimes I get my radials confused but it seems to make sense to have them all together on the d pad. The bucket is great for ship battles. It's saved me a lot having it on a hotkey. And fruit should be on a hotkey for everyone.

Views
3 out of 4